Friday, May 18, 2007

Lesson 139:

I will accept Atonement for myself…

I am as God created me… and I remain as I am as God created me. I could have no other reality or life… This is the truth that we denied… only this. Do I want to see what I denied? Do I want to see what I denied, because it is the truth? This is it. Simply ~I am as God created me~ This is truth.

The ego analyzes, the Holy Spirit accepts. For me the compulsive urge to ‘figure it out’ has been a major ingredient of what I fondly refer to as my so-called life. ~It’s one of those ‘positive’ addictions, by the world’s standards, like exercise. In my case, it was a full-blown addiction, which demanded constant satisfaction (never achieved). ~‘If I could just figure out what was going on and why, I could feel better” …

This requires keeping ones world in quite a small perspective in order to control the number of variables that must be considered. And once the ‘peak‘is reached, its term is gravely temporary…. engaging once again the compulsion to figure-out… (One could make a career out of it).

It turns out to be simply a distraction device: employed by the ego, accepted by the willing mind of one who temporarily wanted it play the role that death metes out instead of recognizing where all life must be and of course there I must be also… Until… it doesn’t…

When I no longer wanted to play the role of ‘not knowing who I was’, when I truly wanted to see the truth about myself that I denied, not having any designs on what that might mean, I came to Creator, to my Self~ to what turns out to be ‘Atonement’~ I came with open mind and empty hands, expecting only truth, …

And there it was, in the last place I would have looked~ within my Self; all of all I Am. I saw that I had been with me all the time, and so had you… Nothing in this world has ever looked quite the same again. Some things are just too plain to see if we’re not sure we want to see and impossible to not see once the decision has been made… Acceptance of the Atonement has this effect…

From moment to moment, day-to-day, I notice that whatever I seem to need to know to live my life, I seem to know… How much more certain can one get, in this world?

The simple logic of today’s lesson is clearly stated: “This does Atonement teach, and demonstrates the Oneness of God's Son is unassailed by his belief he knows not what he is…. Here is the end of choice. For here we come to a decision to accept ourselves as God created us. And what is choice except uncertainty of what we are? There is no doubt that is not rooted here. There is no question but reflects this one. There is no conflict that does not entail the single, simple question, "What am I?"… Yet who could ask this question except one who has refused to recognize himself? Only refusal to accept yourself could make the question seem to be sincere. The only thing that can be surely known by any living thing is what it is. From this one point of certainty, it looks on other things as certain as itself….”

It is impossible to deny, unless denial is where one would rather be. However, for those willing to learn, it speaks to the truth in us and peels back the insanity we have covered it over with, and for just an instant, we remember we know. Who We are is blatant in the mind as it receives the basic logic of reality, desired wholly and without confusion… This is what Atonement is for…

This moment, this day, with this lesson as a catalyst we can allow the memory of our Self to hurl forward to the front of our awareness in a single holy instant. ~How ‘bout it?~ Let us join in accepting the purpose our Father has appointed this world be for us… and not look back ~

The past is gone. And with it all confusion ~ replaced by the certainty that we are One Son, forever the same as God created us to be, before time seemed to take away the recognition of our identity.

All seeming questions to every situation that we seem to encounter will be answered in the light of this acceptance, and we will know what do. It is revealed to us in each present moment, guided by or purpose of Atonement.

This is vision… this is the prayer we pray as one this day, in deepest gratitude:

“I will accept Atonement for myself… For I remain as God created me”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you read the bible? in some pats of the bible it seems to show we can be holy if we do god's will, but i get the impression that the bible seems tothink very few will be able to attain it. iam as god created me sounds so very good,but when i think of being sinless i get feeling very nervous because god is the only reason iam alive and yes i have thought things and have done things that i know are sin and i know iam only saved by grace.