Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lesson 189:

I feel the Love of God within me now…

This is not a conceptualization exercise. Can we even begin to articulate in mind the magnitude of this statement? No, I think not. We are left impotent before it… But surrender ourselves to its meaning, and we are enveloped in a reality so grand and magnificent that we imbue ourselves as it holiness itself…

This is the experience we have been searching for, which we experience only as we let go the search; and everything else as well. It is Here, Now, the Love of God, which is our Self…

We simply do this:

Be still, and lay aside all thoughts of what we are and what God is; all concepts we have learned about the world; all images we hold about ourselves… and empty our mind of everything it thinks is either true or false, or good or bad, of every thought it judges worth, and all the ideas of which it is ashamed. Holding onto nothing, we do not bring with us one thought the past has taught, nor one belief we ever learned from anything. No; we forget this world, forget the course, and come with wholly empty hands unto our God…

You know, I have visited this workbook lesson many times. And it is the tendency of this one; I call Danét, to make things harder than they really are; try so hard as to loose the experience altogether, so caught up in my selfish identity of ‘trying-really-hard’. It was only when my ’trying’ exhausted and choked me, that I came to realize what this lesson is pointing to: I can not do what only God can do for me. Now amount of me-ness can replace or fulfill what is my Self beyond.

By mere exasperation from my effort-ing (resisting), I surrendered absolutely. And instantly my defeated ness was swallowed up by a certainty of being, a Love so complete, as within it I would know my Self…

Here’s what I learned. We cannot bring truth to illusion, no matter how sincere our desires. The mere choosing of this option is the choice to have illusion reign… A thought cannot exceed its foundation. But make the choice for only truth; meaning to die to all seeming existence as we have experienced it up this instant, empty of agenda or concept, and BINGO~ truth, the Love of God Shining in us Now, ~finds us…

Free of thinking, and feeling into this prayer, please join me…

Father, we do not know the way to You. But we have called, and You have answered us. We will not interfere. Salvation’s ways are not our own, for they belong to You. And it is unto You we look for them. Our hands are open to receive Your gifts. We have no thoughts we think apart from You, and cherish no beliefs of what we are or Who created us. Yours is the way that we would find and follow. And we ask but that Your Will, which is our own as well, be done in us and in the world, that it become a part of Heaven now. Amen.

No comments: