Monday, August 20, 2007

Lesson 233:

I give my life to God to guide today…

Who is the ‘I’ that gives my life? God is my life. I have no life but His. So the ‘I that gives’ is the part of the mind that is associated with the belief in decision. What we are addressing in ‘giving our life to God to guide today, is the part of mind that thought it could do something else; the part of mind which, in that ‘tiny tick of time’, spun out every possibility of the impossible idea that one could separate from oneself and father a life aside from His…

I have my being in God. Yet, there is a part of mind which dreams it makes decisions and today it decides for waking to the truth. Humility is for us. We pray in grateful appreciation for the truth. We pray to remember… we pray to forget this little self, dissolving into the grand chorus of God’s Love which is creation’s song... We are the Grandeur of our Father’s Love. And when we are not in touch with that simple fact, as our complete being, seeming steps for its remembrance are a built-in part of God’s plan for salvation, returning mind to Mind.

I have always loved the poetic poignancy of this particular prayer; have used it daily for long stretches of time, and could often be heard to say to brothers that if you still seem to be ‘suckin’ air in a body’, this prayer is for you… Please join me in reviewing it now:

“Father, I give you all my thoughts today. I would have none of mine. In place of them, give me Your Own. I give You all my acts as well, that I may do You Will instead of seeking goals which cannot be obtained, and wasting time in vain imagining. Today I come to You. I will step back and merely follow You. Be You the Guide, and I the follower who questions not the wisdom of the Infinite, nor Love whose tenderness I cannot comprehend, but which is yet Your perfect gift to me”.

The body’s ears cannot hear, nor lips sing the glorious song of creation, yet when we still our minds, in a holy instant of release, it is there feeling like love, and we realize it has always been there; our true voice singing hallelujah to our Father and our Self…

I give my life to God to guide today, to return the mind to its up-right position for the remembrance that there could be no other way than God’s Will… which is perfect happiness….

No comments: