Sunday, September 9, 2007

Lesson 253:

My Self is ruler of the universe…

We often talk about this topic in the Course. There is no possibility that any thing could happen in my universe, save it by way of my Self. Regardless of how I focus my attention; outward~ so as to see a small and frightened me in a big bad world, or inward~ so as to see from the Self the vast and glorious light of creation within and beyond the world of form. This, incidentally, allows for me to focus my attention to accept that thought littleness, as just one of many belief options within the illusion within the vast array of belief options which are not my Self, but dreamed up by me, instead…. Which I can do with what I please…

You know, when I came to this lesson the first time around, as with other similar statements in throughout the Course, I felt almost embarrassed. I definitely felt it was an idea arrogant to my place of reverence to a power-greater-than-myself, which I felt beholden to for my success in forgiving myself and awakening unto Him.

It was a difficult lesson for me and one I felt dishonest, due to my perceived unworthiness, to do. However, being the ‘good-student’, I did my best… What I received at that time was a strong, warm feeling message, that I would understand in time, but that from the point of reference I then held, I was too identified with littleness to see the big picture, let alone see that my Self ruled over it. So I accepted that I didn’t know; after all, up to this point in my so-called life, I had been wrong about everything else, why not this… I felt an inner instruction to read and reread, giving my understanding over to the Holy Spirit, the section in Chapter 15 called Littleness versus Magnitude; which I did every day for 30 days. I began to get a sense of that the ‘me’ point of reference I had been holding, and taken for granted as true, was mere wrong. And furthermore, that it was arrogant and a blatant rejection of accepting the atonement for myself. In other words, it was merely a delay tactic.

I gave myself over to the miracle, accepting the Holy Spirit was within my mind and therefore at least part of myself, which freed me to allow for correction of my small and limited perspective. And I began to feel the expanse… Every shadow/belief was filter up and seen as nothing but perspective and I became able to let them go to the idea of nothingness. My willingness to surrender my private mind as it revealed itself became the obvious next step instead of the hidden terror it had been undercover… And now; now all that was different is seen with the eyes of sameness… truly… it’s a miracle… NOW has (as it always was in truth) become my only point of reference, my only perspective…

Through my willingness to be wrong about everything, the my has given way to the Self, which has shown me Heaven on earth; Christ in all my brothers and a world of Creation where Love gives unto itself, receives and expands and expresses the Self in everyone, everything, every situation and circumstance…

My Self is ruler of the universe…

No comments: