Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lesson 131:

No one can fail who seeks to reach the truth…

It is a relief to finally give up in favor of the truth; to become aware that not one thought I think about my little life or with my little brain is true… Whew…

I want to talk about a moment here that changed everything; I mean a moment that was out of time and space entirely while resting right within my mind. It was that moment when after, lord knows what kind of mind-game searching finally came to an end and like the lesson says, I simply tapped the trapped door at the bottom of my mind. I swung open pulling me with it into the memory of Love and the absence of ‘me’… Not so specific as that, but, in essence… I knew/ am this place/non-place.

It dawned on me that I had been wrong about everything, that not one opinion, plan, assessment, guilty feeling, regret, fear or anticipation, had been pure or true… I mean, seriously, I couldn’t find one thing I could honestly say I’d been right about… and the funny part is, some place in side, I really already knew this, I just couldn’t get to this realization through the maze of ‘right-ness’ I had constructed.

Still somehow it dawned… and aside from the sting of being self-crucified, it was a relief… big, big, big… a moment of true peace…

~“I HAVE BEEN WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING!” I found myself in a house of mirrors ~everywhere I looked the responsibility lay only in my hands, the stain of blood was upon me and it was but invisible ink, and the fault/perpetrator and hopeless victim: me alone. And it was me costuming for each part behind closed doors and revealing each character as the script required… till the final scene revealed “I had done this unto myself”… and it was this that I must undo… The lie… exposed at last…

I’m flashing on those movies where the main character is playing a different role, pretending to be someone different than himself in order to deceive and seduce another or other into eventually seeing his original character the way they want them to… You know what I’m talking about… It always drives me mad watching one of these shows, yet I’ll notice a part of me want the character to get the love or whatever, by way of deception, even though I’m at the same time judging how insane this is… It is insane! That’s the point! None of it is true…

The truth, then, must be found beyond the familiar, beyond the known, beyond any hope that this world can offer… What we think we know is the barrier that keeps the door of truth within our mind from opening wide to reveal our Self… Once again, it’s all or nothing; truth or illusion, not one illusion cherished but casts a shadow on the truth, therefore hiding its light from our awareness.

I remember how scary the idea of not knowing was, oh, my gosh, like death, ya know? Yet, thankfully, we all come, as did I, to a place where, dumbfounded, we say, there has got to be another way! …

It is just a matter of experience, till we feel this statement upon our lips and heart: “I do not know the thing I am, and therefore do not know what I am doing, where I am, or how to look upon the world or on myself”. (T-31.V) Then from here, salvation becomes our infill-structure of the life we lead… And what we are begins to tell us of our Self…

This was, for me, the experience of being teachable. The single most important element about learning is recognizing that I don’t know. Next, that there is One who does know, within my mind, which will speak to me of truth; and referencing the symbols of this world, to the benefit healing my mind and forgiving all I taught myself.

A single purpose has taken the place of different goals…Today I seek and find all that I want… My single purpose offers it to me… No one can fail who seeks to reach the truth.

When truth is recognized, the search is virtually over; everyone and situation and circumstance unite in one purpose of love: to bring to mind the full awareness of the truth established by the Atonement for use within this world we made. My heart is one with yours as we journey back in time; it, collapsing it in on itself till we find ourselves back Home to the place we never left in truth…

No comments: