Saturday, February 3, 2007

~Ah, Luscious PEACE~

Lesson 34:

“I could see peace instead of this…” …and exhale… breathing PEACE…. dispelling conflict…

“While truth is simple, it must still be taught to those who have already lost their way in endless mazes of complexity. This is the great illusion… (P-2.V.1:1-2)

Peace is ultimately the only experience I have sought in every decision I have ever made in this ‘so-called life of Danét’, regardless of the story I was telling at the time. If I have thought I wanted or needed something ~ I thought having it would give me peace. If I have decided to do something or not do something, I thought that decision would bring me a peaceful outcome. Even the emotions that at times, have ‘seemed to just happen’ to me, including those of love, rage, worry, excitement, defeat and fear, have been made due to a sense that they would leave me more peaceful than not giving myself to them. I am thinking about a marvelous practice given in the Course that is so simple. And, it has been my experience that it always works to restore peace:

“Whenever you are not wholly joyous, it is because you have reacted with a lack of love to one of God's creations. Perceiving this as "sin" you become defensive because you expect attack. The decision to react in this way is yours, and can therefore be undone. It cannot be undone by repentance in the usual sense, because this implies guilt. If you allow yourself to feel guilty, you will reinforce the error rather than allow it to be undone for you.

Decision cannot be difficult. This is obvious, if you realize that you must already have decided not to be wholly joyous if that is how you feel. Therefore, the first step in the undoing is to recognize that you actively decided wrongly, but can as actively decide otherwise. Be very firm with yourself in this, and keep yourself fully aware that the undoing process, which does not come from you, is nevertheless within you because God placed it there. Your part is merely to return your thinking to the point at which the error was made, and give it over to the Atonement in peace. Say this to yourself as sincerely as you can, remembering that the Holy Spirit will respond fully to your slightest invitation:

I must have decided wrongly, because I am not at peace.

I made the decision myself, but I can also decide otherwise.

I want to decide otherwise, because I want to be at peace.

I do not feel guilty, because the Holy Spirit will undo all the consequences of my wrong decision if I will let Him.

I choose to let Him, by allowing Him to decide for God for me. (T-5.VII.5-6)

Conflict is the result of a mind asleep; dreaming of exile; not knowing it is at home immutable, in the mind of its Creator, from which no thought can leave its source. Peace is the condition for the remembrance of Him, the gift, the way and the inevitable result.

Forgiveness is the pathway of peace in this seeming world. It is a decision for peace, as well as for the circumstances for the bringing about of re-cognition of peace. Peace is the content within the countless seeming lesson/roads forgiveness offers.

The Holy Spirit is the mastermind within the mind that knows the ‘big picture’ and the Why we can trust~ always~ now. It is this answer (Holy Spirit), given by God the instant the ‘tint mad idea of separation seemed to enter the mind of God’s Son, which directs the form of any seemingly particular avenue in the journey of re-member-ing our Self ~ guiding us through each and every seeming person, situation or circumstance... Even when we offer zero willingness to see another way … He waits… (“only infinite patience produces immediate effects”), maneuvering around all seeming obstacles to the most direct course we’ll allow, at any given time, back to God ~ back to a place we never left… Each encounter is holy. Every one offers peace. They are all brothers, all of inestimable value. My immeasurable debt to them is paid though my for-give-ness, which brings instantaneous peace ~out of time and place, to the peace of NOW… “The ark of peace is entered two by two…

We enter together, you and I. The peace of God is our inheritance, the goal we seek and the condition by which we accept and the means for its accomplishment: together, we re-cover the Truth of Who and What we are ~ the Love that is Christ ~where no conflict is or could be possible~ where all is One …

~All glory to God ~

No comments: