Sunday, January 28, 2007

~universal purpose/purpose of universe~

Lesson 28:

“Above all else I want to see things differently…”

Simply as a natural consequence of my commitment to “Above all else…want to see things differently,” I have realized such a ‘loosening of my mind’s grip’. And through the practice of it over many years now, I find myself asking, “Where is this my/personal mind now?”… It has dissolved itself into the sight itself…

Ah, sight…. I feel so blessed by this very miracle which is expressing my life~ an experience of such significance, I’m not sure I can put into words the dept of gratitude to my brother for being the light which reflects myself/ Self and allows vision. One simple idea, given over to willingness, that has offered so much; everything is different than it was before …because it is the some….As the lesson says…

Each seemingly separate thing, “…in itself is not important at all…yet what is by itself? And what “in itself” mean? You see a lot of separate things about you, which really means you are not seeing at all. You either see or not. When you have seen one thing differently, you will see all things differently. The light you will see in any one of them is the same light you will see in them all”… Seeing has become a very intimate experience with the light of Christ… Sure, the body’s eyes apparently see all the same things/friends, situations, etc. in all the same places and the brain defines, gives meaning and assigns purpose. But somehow deep within my mind, I quit taking it seriously. Somewhere along the line, I quit looking at things with defining eyes but rather beyond…noticing the light illuming the perceived things, events, people… the question of the reality of their separateness took hold in my mind … noticing more and more, the light of unity. And naturally leaning back, allowing for that light to give definition and purpose. Things and situations and the entire seeming meaningful world around me began to take on a feeling of unreality ~with only the light being significant… a little like overlays on overhead projector, se comprendre l’un l’autre?

… I can feel the power and fullness of the actuality of what the lesson is saying; ” You are making a commitment to withdraw your preconceived ideas…and open our mind to what it is and what it is for. You are not defining it in past terms. You are asking what it is, rather than telling it what it is… nor are you limiting its purpose to our little personal thoughts.”

Developing the habit of engaging the Holy Spirit within my mind, asking, “what is the meaning of this? What is it for?” has become more natural than figuring it out or thinking I already know. (Don’t get me wrong, that habit is definitely still levying for position in my mind, it just feels more natural now to let go ~ to wait in stillness…then move from there)…

“…You will not question what you have already defined. The purpose of these exercises is to ask questions and receive the answers….you are committing yourself to seeing.…You could, if fact, gain vision from just …, if you would withdraw all your own ideas from it, and look upon it with a completely open mind…hidden under all your ideas about it is its real purpose ~the purpose it shares with the universe…

You are therefore, really asking to see the purpose of the universe. ~And you are making a commitment … to let its purpose be revealed to you.” That, is an unequivocal YES!

~I am joined with you in seeing the purpose of the universe…One Mind…~

No comments: