Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lesson 115:

Salvation is my only function here…

(My function is to forgive the world for all the errors I have made.

For thus am I released from them with all the world.)

My part is essential to god’s plan for salvation.

(I am essential to the plan of God for the salvation of the world.

For He gave me His plan that I might save the world.)

Only means only, here… Nothing else is really ‘important’, such that ‘putting off’ forgiving the world, is justified…. Yet, it is the ego’s nature to use anything to deflect attention from this one function, essential to God plan. (Which when applied, by the way, dispels the ego, entirely. So it’s no wonder.)

Surely you have noticed by now, moments of unwillingness wrapped up to look like forgetfulness or busy-ness… and perhaps you gave yourself some credit for noticing and realizing it for what it is. And maybe you have then judged yourself, or excused yourself, of insincerity…

This was the course for me, for the longest time. I felt trapped by the bad habit of putting my petty, worldly life ahead of inner peace; a peace, touched on at times and within my ready reach, yet out of mind, much of the time~ due to my preferences.

And… I felt impotent to effect much change. Promises to myself only left me with guilt. I couldn’t consistently keep my word to myself.

I could see I was doing the same thing with “salvation” as I’d done with everything else. But I could not seem to get off the merry-go-round of addictive self-concept thinking, and wait and listen for only the voice for God. Oh, I tried… (Yeah, ~still more of the same jerking myself off to stay in the spin…)

Part of my gig, was to judge myself as weak and not dedicated ‘enough’. This felt so awful that I had to beef up my promises to myself to ‘be better’, just to get a good breath. Maybe you can relate.

Although, I was aware myself identity and the judgment on myself was perpetuating the ‘reality’ of my so-called trap, it didn’t seem to help in me get out of it…. Contra ire…

I guess I want to talk about this ‘mind-boggle’ because, for me, at this stage of doing a course of the workbook lessons, it would seem particularly poignant, this ‘bad habit’, around now in the lessons. Catch my drift?

I never could seem to remember my hourly, let alone half hourly pauses to be with what I purported to be “the most important thing in the world to me”, on any consistent basis… Talk about feeling like a hypocrite and fraud (also a mechanism sent by the ego to keep me hooked).

Was this really was the best I could do it?… We believe what we see, because we see what we believe… My mind was split and so I saw a split experience… Yet, I wanted a healed mind. I wanted to be whole… I wanted to want a single mind… until that want became single…

The Christ mind looks only on itself, in every one and situation and circumstance…. Desperately I wanted to want only this, truly, madly, deeply… Until at some point, this desire seemed to swallow ‘me’ whole, and lift me off the merry-go-round.

Talk about breaking the habit… There was nothing I could to help myself, to save myself. As long as I wanted my‘self’ to be true~ even a little, I was limiting the help the Holy Spirit could give me…

Somehow, I became willing to be wrong about everything, for just an instant… It was enough…

Somehow, consistency started setting into the pathways once belonging to my desire for inconsistency, and new habits of trust and faith in everyone, circumstance and situation began to take hold… The application of Course suggestions seemed to be a natural part of the events of my ‘daily life’. A certainty of purpose and function stabilized my mind.

You know how, after a disaster strikes an area and devastates the land or whatever, how, somehow, it uses this disaster as some sort of fertilization for the ‘rebirth of everything’ … It was like that…

“How simple is salvation! All it says is what was never true is not true now, and never will be. The impossible has not occurred, and can have no effects. And that is all. Can this be hard to learn by anyone who wants it to be true? Only unwillingness to learn it could make such an easy lesson difficult.” (T-31.I.1) So I want to take a moment to give ourselves over, together, to this lovely experience offered in the section called The Simplicity of Salvation in the text::

“Let us be still an instant, and forget all things we ever learned, all thoughts we had, and every preconception that we hold of what things mean and what their purpose is. Let us remember not our own ideas of what the world is for. We do not know. Let every image held of everyone be loosened from our minds and swept away… Be innocent of judgment, unaware of any thoughts of evil or of good that ever crossed your mind of anyone. Now do you know him not. But you are free to learn of him, and learn of him anew. Now is he born again to you, and you are born again to him, without the past that sentenced him to die, and you with him. Now is he free to live as you are free, because an ancient learning passed away, and left a place for truth to be reborn.” (T-31.I.13)

Each of us is all of us… This is what I have come to appreciate and value in awareness … Each part is all parts. Nothing could be more or less important when there are no degrees, but simply One Perfect Plan…

My, yours, our, part is essential to God's plan for salvation… You are my savior, and I yours… You hold the lamp that lights my way… for we are united in Christ and you are my One Self. And together our Holy Relationship can handle it all …

~ Truth is at the helm~

No comments: