Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lesson 113:

I am one Self, united with my Creator…

Serenity and perfect peace are mine, because I am one Self, completely whole, at one with all creation and with God…

How delicious it is to just sink into this thought and leave all other thought behind; feel the serenity we always sought, restored to awareness at last… Ah, the perfect peace of resting in the Self, our brothers one with us, united in our Creator…

This is our one Self, beyond the strategic, finite mind, into the infinite Mind of God, where we are, as one with God already that completeness we sought. Our wholeness unquestionable…. Couldn’t you just rest here forever? So peaceful, so lovely, so endless is its contentment… as, yes… and the point is, we are… And now we begin to see…

Here it is now; plain as day. This is the premise now. Never need we leave this quiet home, where Heaven’s song sings the lullaby of stillness along with the beating of One heart~ the rhythm of perfect calm… It is within ~ it is our being….

At home in God~ in One Self, we see the world of illusions as one illusion. Each gift of forgiveness, offered to each other, for our Self, unfolds the insubstantial nature of all we have designed within the dream. We come to see how this whole so-called world with all its variations, are really one thought; the thought, “that God’s Son could be other than what he is as God created”.

It was one error in thought; a tiny, mad idea of other-ness, fantasized in horror and seemingly left to fend for itself. In that instant where the perfect flow of light and joy and peace seemed to have faded to the background, a seeming problem appeared within the mind, requiring one solution. God gave the one answer: The Atonement: “My sleeping children, awaken and be glad, the nightmare and all its seeming effects is over… I am your Father and you are My Son”.

The Atonement shows the entire universe as One Mass illusion, whole and unified. Levels and degrees dissolve into miracles, which have no order of difficulty. The belief in time, with all its intervals and uses collapse into the timeless present. With each gift of forgiveness, we accept the oneness of the Son, and the belief in comparisons, differences and opposites are released to its single truth…

Now, don’t get me wrong here, I’m not purporting that life’s not going to seem like a mad-house, at times, and sometimes, a lot maybe, seemingly worst than ever… What I am saying is that at this point in the ACIM curriculum, our readiness has placed us such that we have actually available, the option of remaining firmly grounded within Self within our mind, while our forgiveness lessons play out on the ‘big-screen’ of life.

We have this solid base of safety to rest in while we forgive each ‘other’ back to unity. This so-called life doesn’t have to be personal any more.

Even when we get a craving for specialness or someone to blame, something to fear or worry about, we don’t take need to take the death pill... We simply remember our faith in our one Self…Salvation comes from my one Self ~and trust the Atonement principle is in full effect along our way.

The recommended format for practicing this lesson review, where we spend our 5+ minutes when we wake, reviewing with the Holy Spirit, the two thoughts for the day and sinking into their meaning and then visiting the first on the hour and the second on the half hour, really assists with grounding. Don’t you feel?

This is where the laughter we are due can really come in handy to keep our path light.

It seems for me, some days (a lot), that all that remains is the laughter. Maybe left from when we forgot… It seems ever-present, somewhere in the background of my mind,

As I have given over my thoughts for correction, I have come to see that every thought that substantiates the reality of this seeming world and cosmos, if followed back to its starting point, past its circular reasoning that keeps it looped in, results in the light of the awareness of its absurdity, and dumps out in the cosmos of laughter. I laugh.

All the silliness of worry and fear and regret and anticipation, once given the ‘free ride’ on forgiveness back to their origin, end up in the “Big Cosmic Belly Laugh” (labeled by me) …

Salvation comes from my one Self… From my one Self, Whose knowledge still remains within my mind, I see God's perfect plan for my salvation perfectly fulfilled…

We need do nothing, except not to interfere. All our efforts are in-spirit-ed toward the goal of recognizing the truth. We can laugh at the futility of judging what that looks like, in the little details of our lives now given over to Self…

It is a perfect plan and we are each ‘the one’ that makes its completion possible. How could I not trust you now? How could I not place my faith in you to do your part? Indeed, my full appreciation is the gift you deserve, and the one I gladly give. For we are one Self, united in our Creator and we are not alone… Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you!

No comments: