Monday, April 2, 2007

Lesson 93:

Light and joy and peace abide in me…

Talk about a lesson in honesty… Do I desire the truth and only the truth? Do I want only to know my Father’s Will for me? Do I, as the lesson states, want to experience the Self God created as His Son instead of the self I made?
I will answer by my experience with my participation and application of the simple instruction suggested in the lesson:

“In our longer exercise periods today, which would be most profitable if done for the first five minutes of every waking hour, begin by stating the truth about your creation:
Light and joy and peace abide in me.
My sinlessness is guaranteed by God.
Then put away your foolish self-images, and spend the rest of the practice period in trying to experience what God has given you, in place of what you have decreed for yourself”.

Here’s where the true feedback takes place. Do I give the first five minutes of the hour to God’s plan for salvation? Do I give 5 minutes an hour? Do I remember to acknowledge the lesson every hour? Am I vigilant only after God’s kingdom and spend a mere five minutes of falsehood to purchase the remembrance of my timelessness?
Feedback in the form of assistance to salvation comes in many ways. The purest is to simply observe without judgment or justification, the actuality of what is taking place and the thoughts and motivations behind it are easily seen. Of course, one must desire to see~ first…
So much of my so-called life I lived in the fantasy I had of myself in regard to my intentions in a situation, particularly where morality was on the table, while reality judged me by my actions, based on the thoughts of what I believed I was. It is the most basic form of feedback, yes? Here’s how I found out not only what a liar I was, but how willing I was to seduce myself with intentions rather than facts, then make justifications and ‘future plans’ to medicate the horrible feelings of failure and disillusionment I felt at betraying the deep-seated moral code that made me make a commitment to myself in the first place. Gawd, what a depressing vicious cycle, makes one want to slit one’s throat… thank heaven there is no real throat to slit… I found this out by simply giving up on life as I made it. Yes, just like that, for one pure instant, I was completely willing to be wrong about everything I ever thought or believed or even thought I knew~ I wanted to be shown instead…
Instantaneously, everything disappeared to reappear as light, and joy and peace… and no-thing had any real substance at all… save that it was all me~ the Self~
And subtly, yet significantly, the world of form took on a new meaning and therefore a new experience. Things like remembering to do my lesson per the suggested criteria, no longer failed me. What was important began replacing what wasn’t based on some kind of internal purpose. Gratitude for this, redefined the way I saw everyone and situation. With sight came the acknowledgment of the possibility that it was Christ with whom I was experiencing life… and my choice for death-through-judgment left… for my eternal sinlessness is guaranteed by God… it’s everywhere in all things, for it is the Self of light and joy and peace that is the Son of God…
Bingo: “The self you made is not the Son of God. Therefore, this self does not exist at all. And anything it seems to do and think means nothing. It is neither bad nor good. It is unreal, and nothing more than that. It does not battle with the Son of God. It does not hurt him, nor attack his peace. It has not changed creation, nor reduced eternal sinlessness to sin, and love to hate. What power can this self you made possess, when it would contradict the Will of God?”

I want only my Father’s Will for me… I accept His plan for salvation~ the Atonement: “Salvation requires the acceptance of but one thought; — you are as God created you, not what you made of yourself”.

Light and joy and peace abide in me.
My sinlessness is guaranteed by God.

No comments: