Sunday, June 3, 2007

Lesson 155:

I will step back and let Him lead the way…

Illusions are exhausting. Trying to control, manipulate and organize them for happiness; to attempt to steer around the suffering and deprivation inherent in illusion is even more so. Yet what I have come to see is that this is just a track in mind that once on it, we are seemingly bound to its laws of deprivation and loss and fear. Yet, there is nothing real on this track. I am there only by my belief in its reality. This is maintained my defense of it and my allegiance to it. Still, it is merely a dream and by withdrawing my attention and belief from it I awaken to the truth within which realizes the clear and simple path before me leading directly home where all of me remains.

I don’t know if it’s a regular meditation practice, but definitely the committed desire to bring my so-called body-life (illusions) to the alter for purification and release, to be replaced by God-life instead, that I came to see that the world of form was but mere smoke and mirrors, dispelled by the mere desire for truth instead. This daily practice consecrated for the Holy Spirit’s use gave me a sense of the path where illusion-Danét steps back and He leads the way. Resistance is futile… joy abounds…The love of God and my oneness with Him is the true magnetic pull defining the purpose of my so-called life.

The lessons in this section are geared to show us that by letting our ideas slip behind, we find truth is not only our beacon, but that with it we beacon for others the way we must go. We walk to God. Right now this is an act of faith; a trust in His trust in us and a deep peace that we are indeed along the road to Him…

We rule our minds which we alone must rule. Love waits on welcome not on time and our sure-footed path leading certainly the way that we must go, wait on our welcome. Like the lesson says:

This is the simple choice we make today: to let illusions sink behind the truth and let the truth stand forth as what it is…

We walk to God. Pause and reflect on this. Could any way be holier, or more deserving of your effort, of your love and of your full intent? What way could give you more than everything, or offer less and still content the holy Son of God? We walk to God. The truth that walks before us now is one with Him, and leads us to where He has always been. What way but this could be a path that you would choose instead?

Joyously, filled with gratitude for you, I ask you join me in an eternal moment where we pause and reflect on this ….. breathing into it, letting the illusions of ourselves slip away, as we rest in God….

And as we move into our day this lesson guides our footsteps…

I will step back and let Him lead the way,
For I would walk along the road to Him.

No comments: