Friday, June 8, 2007

Lesson 160:

I am at home. Fear is the stranger here…

Fear is a stranger to the ways of love. Identify with fear, and you will be a stranger to yourself. And thus you are unknown to you. What is your Self remains an alien to the part which thinks that it is real, but different from yourself. Who could be sane in such a circumstance?

This opening statement describes the basis for the prime-most feeling, networking all else in my so-called life ~ right up until I accepted the Miracle. I was afraid. I had some free-floating fear thread through every situation, relationship and circumstance, including and primarily in my relationship with myself and God. Even when things were seemingly going the way I wanted them too, I could never really feel present with it. There was always something missing; something I couldn’t put my finger on.

You know in Star Trek when the transporter can’t get at full lock on the person’s DNA signal, you can tell they’re there, but you can’t fully materialize them… This is kind of how love felt to me. Aside from its being the big-great-romance-of-life fantasy, love itself, as a feeling necessary to all interactions, played like this not-quite-materialized-entity within my field of energy. I relied on it. I hoped it was true. But trust~ not a chance. Identity, peace and certainty~ out of my grasp. I always felt a low-grade sense of anxiety and impermanence; desperate to not loose the little I seemed to have. Just behind the seeming happiness, the colors on fear’s palette to paint the life-of–Danét were scarcity, aloneness, and death’s grip.

Today, I am at Home. The artist of creation prepared Love’s palette as my own, ever-filled with the rainbow of joy and certainty, abundance and oneness, peace and everlasting life. Forgiveness is like the lock on the actual co-ordinates of Love and God and Self as one.

Fear is truly the stranger here. Even if this body-model seems to affect at some circumstance, love whisper softly with each breath: forgive and see this differently, forgive and this will disappear…

Certainty of Love’s reign quickly restores harmony to mind when the belief in dis-harmony appeal attention…. It is the peace of God that is my one Goal; the reason for my being here and it is my ministry to be the expression of His Will.

As a guide I use this combination of quotes from the early text as a prayer of unity:

Perfect love casts out fear.

If fear exist,

Then there is not perfect love.

But:

Only perfect love exists.

If there is fear, it produces a state that does not exist.

Nothing real can be threatened.

Nothing unreal exists.

Herein lies the peace of God….

No comments: