Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lesson 192:

I have a function God would have me fill…

Forgiveness is my function in this so-called life. And forgiveness is simply the reevaluation of values and beliefs; seeing that the false is false, and cannot possible represent the Son that God created one with Him to complete Himself. Forgiveness focuses on seeing only the light of truth within each seeming situation, person and circumstance; the thread of love which unites us with each other and God, which is creation.

We can no longer be afraid of our own minds. It is only what we have been unwilling to look upon that perpetuates the feeling of fear; due to the accepted belief that some ‘horror’ resides there. And everything about the ego’s mode of operation is designed to keep this belief in tack so we won’t turn the mind around and look within.

The ‘horror’ it turns out, is a boogieman. And if you have come this far in the Course curriculum, you have at least glimpsed that this is true. Yes?

In my case, in a holy instant of recognition and release, where all sense of the world of form and time and space were up-righted in perspective and only the formless, purity of eternal love showed me where the truth lie within. It is the ‘unbearable lightness of being’; unbearable only in that it must be seen with and everywhere and in all things, uniting forever in eternal light… I accepted the Atonement for myself. I practice this acceptance by recognizing you as my Self; forgiving all false ideas. Forgiveness is a sort of homing-device, always returning me to my function, when I seemed to have forgotten and lost my way. And how do I know I have lost my way? I don’t like the way I feel. Now, this is not always so easy to decipher. The ego’s making of the world set up idols which mimic genuine experience of happiness and oneness, yet its design is always fraught with the fear of loss; someone must loose for someone to gain; the craving for specialness serves to replace the hunger to return to oneness. For me, it looks like I begin to address the world as if its forms and bodies and beliefs and values are real and that I care about any particular outcome in terms of the success-failure barometer of the world. I know better. I am at peace only in the truth beyond the world of form, and in resting here, I easily forgive everything I think I see or experience, through the Holy Spirit within my mind.

This is the function God would have me fill; I merely forgive the world of all I thought it was and allow Christ Vision to see that what was false not only need not be feared, but that there is nothing to fear; no reason to defend, or as the lesson says, take anyone prisoner.

For years I could see that I was holding people hostage in my mind due to what I saw as a need to protect what little I had amassed for my self, my seeming inability to trust, and that imprisoning them, limited my freedom as well. I was handicapped by my unwillingness to be honest… I could see I was both jailer and prisoner, terrified to look within. But inevitably, the pain of the problem became greater than the perceived pain of the solution, and I surrendered. Instead of finding death, I received the recognition of the light within… It was a miracle… Simply, I replay this forgiveness lesson again and again as my function here requests. Please join me… From the lesson:

Therefore, hold no one prisoner. Release instead of bind, for thus are you made free. The way is simple. Every time you feel a stab of anger, realize you hold a sword above your head. And it will fall or be averted as you choose to be condemned or free. Thus does each one who seems to tempt you to be angry represent your savior from the prison house of death. And so you owe him thanks instead of pain.

Be merciful today. The Son of God deserves your mercy. It is he who asks that you accept the way to freedom now. Deny him not. His Father’s Love for him belongs to you. Your function here on earth is only to forgive him, that you may accept him back as your Identity. He is as God created him. And you are what he is. Forgive him now his sins, and you will see that you are one with him…

No comments: