Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lesson 199:

I am not a body. I am free…

The Course speaks to the Self that is not a body. It speaks a language that this ‘beyond Self’ is somehow familiar with and drawn to in indefinable way. And yet, for some of us, it is so compelling, that the ‘real’ it points to becomes the only honest direction we can possibly take; and still face ourselves and our lives from its on-coming forward…

It is the infinite, inward journey; exposing its vastness as we expose the false in the light of truth. It is the journey of de-body-ing. Where once the body, and therefore the world at large, was a stable comfort zone, the recognition of Spirit within uncovers its instability in light of an indelible beacon of truth within. Within, we find a Self we perhaps weren’t aware was there, but nonetheless, recognize its works in bringing us this far. Reality as we knew it begins to take on a sort of dematerializing essence as our framework starts to shift. We begin to uncover that ‘reality’s’ solid nature was proportionate to our belief that it was true and that what we see out-pictured, was first in our mind, made solid by our attention to it. As we begin to question every belief and value we ever held, we see the body is the central theme of all the false, and beyond the construct of bodies, we find the truth.

For me, its pull to return home, to the seat of freedom within mind, where the Holy Spirit resides is so overwhelmingly compelling, that absolutely, as the Star Trek saying goes; “Resistance is futile”.

When I recognized the light within, it was so brilliantly true that I had a sense that if looked at it too long; it might burn off all that I now knew myself to be. I think I was right. “The Incredible Lightness of Being” can not be seen with the body’s eyes. But it can be brought to light through the body, when the body is used as a communication devise for truth. The Holy Spirit brings us on a much more gentle path of awakening, one in which we can get our footing back after the upset to our belief structure at each step along the way.

Somewhere inside we all remember and really know that bodies are not what we are in truth. Although we may not have a ‘solid fix’ on who we are in truth, our faith draws as forward and inward toward the match with the great Love in which we have our being. Free-mind lights our way as we practice, in gratitude, today’s lesson:

I am not a body, I am free. I hear the Voice That God has given me, and it is only this my mind obeys…

Thank for joining in…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.