Thursday, July 19, 2007

Review VI:

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

Lesson 201:

I trust my brothers who are one with me…

The idea: ‘No matter where I go, there I am’, unfolds a much more intimate experience, the closer we get to truth. The further we go through the maze of false ideas, discarded for their lack of meaning, the more we begin to appreciate the little quirks of others seemingly around us. They too, begin to be seen with that pleasant oneness feeling you have at times with yourself and those you know you love. Like when you realize that you unconsciously hum when you’re happily going about your daily work without resistance. Or, the way your child always tilts his head a certain way, when he want to be taken seriously or when your husband gets excited over a show he’s seen a hundred times, just as if it were the first and he doesn’t want to miss anything… We allow love to flow unimpeded through our relationship with these quirks, because we deem them trustworthy of our faith…

We aren’t seeing the form at these times, but rather, have let all judgment be replaced by acceptance and love… What we begin to notice, is that all the judgments we held so dear, as some kind of protective device, are no longer of value to us. Seeing another as ‘a bitch; out to make my life miserable and screw me over”, is an idea so ridiculous to the mind given over to the Holy Spirit, that one can only double over in laughter at its absurdity. We are learning to recognize instead, that these kind of thoughts, and all the milder ones like it, are merely nothing. They are part of the false thought system to be brought to light and forgiven…

Anything that can change is false. Therefore, the body idea we came into this gig with, is part of that. We are beyond. We are One. And oneness cannot be divided. We were; before birth and death and ancestry dreams flooded the mind of God’s Son. We are one with our Creator. We are free. And we are still as God created us.

The reason these words are so appealing to the mind, is simply because they point to the truth. And we are not without some memory of it now.

We can’t dispute the beyond, in favor of the specks of dusts we see before us as reality. We are the life within…

So when we look at, think of, interact with anyone, it is this same life within; the One Life we share, that we are interacting with. As we begin to accept this unequivocally, it is easy to trust our brother, who is one with us. If we want to, we will. The question always comes down this: What do I want: what do I value and how much do I value it?

I like this beautiful reminder from chapter 13 of the text:

Behold the Son of God, and look upon his purity and be still… in quiet look upon his holiness, and offer thanks unto his Father that no quilt has ever touched him…

I like to use this ditty when I am tempted to judge, or already have, but know that I must restore us both to sanity within my mind instantly, to maintain the peace that is mine.

I trust my brother, who is one with me…

I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me…

No comments: