Sunday, August 5, 2007

Lesson 218:

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

Only my condemnation injures me.

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

Without fail, whenever I cannot feel the humility of my glory in God, my birthright and my only status here, it is because I have made someone responsible for my state of mind, through my condemnation of them. Sure, it doesn’t always look like blatant judgment. In fact, it rarely does. The ego is much to slick for that. No, it usually shows up in some form of expectation. An expectation is just a thinly veiled threat, a lack of acceptance, a refusal to let all things be exactly as they are. It is my attempt to win-out over God. When I dream you up to my specifications in any form, I am no longer allowing the Holy Spirit’s vision to shine my brother’s light and reveal my only Self to me. It is like putting on sunglasses. Funny, a song form the nineties keeps playing in the back of my mind right now. It goes: There’s a little black spot on the sun today…”

Ya gotta love it…

So it is only my sight that suffers when I engage the little black spot of condemnation. You’re merrily going about the business of being the perfect Son of God, playing the role of showing me my Self and my condemnation/expectation has not affected who you are, in any way.

Now on the same note, it takes but my recognition of disconnection; which is easily seen since I no longer like the way I feel. My feeling sense has been appropriated to either the past or the future and I feel alone. It takes but this tuning-in to set in motion, the obvious next step. Forgiveness. It is the return inward to the Holy Spirit within my mind and the remembrance of the truth:

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

And, you and I are One.

Only my condemnation injury me. only my forgiveness sets me free…

No comments: