Monday, September 17, 2007

5. What is the Body?

The body is like the point of reference to substantiate the reality of the world of separation. What is mine is comfortable housed within a thin layer of skin. Adding to that, costs. But it is also the quest… get more! More of what? Whatever! Yes? So we start with this separate individual ‘self’ and then we try to add to, so to speak, until… what? We have it all? Till it all belongs to us? And of course, we have to assign x-amount of the self, to guard and protect said ‘stuff’ from invaders and thieves, yes? Nothing and no one be trusted completely. Yet, we need them all to have it all? Don’t we.

The body life is all about pains and pleasures, hurts and grievances, toys and thrills… And once you get beyond that, the world of bodies is a whole different ball game…

The body is a dream which, although designed to keep us safe from realizing love, we cannot separate from what we are. Period.

The funny part about this so-called life is, that the biggest, most coveted prize of all is L O V E and its got no skin to fence it off; no defining parameters, nothing so-called ‘solid’ from which to prove its possession…. Humph…

Yet, every brush with love’s presence; every time our guard is down and we F E E L our life, it is LOVE that has called us and which we feel most compelled to follow after…

In other words, we spend our lives seeking a state of wholeness through a faulty (actually impossible) apparatus for its acquisition. Yet, just behind it, just beyond, housing the dream itself, is the wholeness that could not be separate from Self; the holographic oneness of completion found within the minutest and grandest of being Self…

What one begins to notice if paying attention in at all is that in all this world of separate bodies, we’re more similar than different; that beneath the fear of loss, our goals are pretty much the same~ LOVE, being the end-all. We realize that it is easier, and feels better, to hold a hand, than to chop one off. That what we put out is what we experience… and it just plain feels better to accept than to judge…

By the way, this kind of attention doesn’t come as easily for most as I’m making it sound. Escape is the watchword of this world of bodies. Yet, when all escape routes have been exhausted and death inevitably visits, breathing you back to the recognition of life beyond the dream, within the eternal Now of God, you see the dream from awareness beyond the dream. You see that it is all perception… God’s Love, or a call for love…

And, if you’re lucky, and like me, and making real a world of hate and separation and not enough-ness, killed you off as the hero of the dream… And, instead of death, found your Self in eternal Life; and the body was still available as a vehicle in which to communicate within in the dream… and what is the message? Love eternal… God is… And we are as God created us… There is nothing and nowhere else…

Lesson 261:

God is my refuge and security…

Oh, my gosh .once you get this, you can actually breathe. How exhausting and futile it was to seek refuge and security in something as flimsy and inconsistent as concepts with judgments and hierarchies of values and rules and punishment of guilt and shame, looking for happiness and safety and love in all the wrong places.

And how feeing and peaceful and joyous to relinquish it and find I was already resting in the Certainty and Love of God…

Although, temptation to seek outside myself arises, it is easily enveloped in the belly of forgiveness; where the mirror of my brother which shows me my mind is transformed to vision of Christ…

I say, bring it on ~ God has my back! Even when I seem to fall asleep, the Holy Spirit’s Certain gentle Voice is quick to vibrate through, awakening my mind to the new perspective ~ I reconnect my awareness to the truth~ I live and have my being in God, right here, right now, always. And you are one with me… I choose again to be only as God created me to be and that lets me see you as my savior and my Self…

No comments: