Sunday, October 7, 2007

7. What is the Holy Spirit?

I love that the Holy Spirit within our minds is and has always been, (since the beginning of time when it became necessary, that is) right there, reinterpreting, healing, and forgiving our misguided dreaming and believing…. Cuz as soon as one is finished with the game of bunkers-hill and quits the futile effort of making God an object of ‘competition for control’, and the wrong-mind is surrendered; right here, right now, is the Holy Spirit Voice, already, as always, righting the perception of one’s so called life and filling the listener with peace…

This is certainly my experience. When I became willing to recognize that I had been wrong… about everything, I realized that the Holy Spirit, which was the right answer, had been there all along, in the midst of every situation and circumstance. I had simply placed on my attention on false ideas instead of truth (placed on the inner alter) death instead of eternal life, fear instead of love, and therefore, that was the experience it rendered in place of Love and God…

What a relief! For me, the more I got into the forgiveness thing, the more I saw how very little my character is required to do to fulfill my function in God’s plan for salvation. My willingness, it turns out, ~whatever that level of willingness might be at the time, is enough, and will be used. For that matter, any and every thing I offer will be used… For it is the Holy Spirit that bridges the gap from what has already been accomplish in God and my recognition of completion in Him. In other words, it is the mere decision see instead of dream that changes for me, all situations into the “call from Love to Love that it be itself”… strangers to brothers and earth to Heaven…

Lesson 281:

I can be hurt by nothing but my thoughts…

Boy, you really get this awareness up close and personal as you begin the active practice of mind-watching, forgiving and seeing differently, yes?!! What a blessing to see that we are not what we once imagined, and that no one else was either, but rather that we are all joined in a unified purpose to bring to awareness, Love’s eternal presence…

Today’s lesson prayer is a perfect reminder of the truth. Please join me in recognizing and aligning:

“Father, Your Son is perfect. When I think that I am hurt in any way, it is because I have forgotten who I am, and that I am as You created me. Your Thoughts can only bring me happiness. if ever I am sad or hurt or ill, I have forgotten what You think, and put my little meaningless ideas in place of where Your Thoughts belong, and where they are. I can be hurt by nothing but my thoughts. The Thoughts I think with You can only bless. The Thoughts I think with You alone are true…”

In joy~

No comments: