Saturday, October 13, 2007

Lesson 287:

You are my goal, my Father. Only you…

I can say without reservation that this is true for me. Nothing else matters. In the final analysis everything else burns off, or burns itself up, leaving only the pure, the eternal, the Love of God…

So is it with each seeming goal within this so-called life… Each burns up its hungry pull and seductive trappings in the light of forgiveness.

The Course tells us that in any situation, it is critical to set the goal at the outset. When I became clear that there was but one goal; the one I share with God~ forgiveness became simplicities ‘big-easy’, which in itself inspires right-action and live is a joyous opportunity of ‘suit-up and show-up’ to fulfill my function of forgiveness. Then lean back as the miracle washes over everyone and circumstance.

I am blessed to have wiped-out my so-called-self, leaving room to full recognition of my Self in God…

God the Father is the full joy of my now, the breath I breath and the very love that beats through my heart uniting your love with mine and revealing Christ in every face and time… For heaven is where I rest in Him along with you…. Such is the endless joy of the one goal:

You are my goal, my Father. What but You could I desire to have? What way but that which leads to You could I desire to walk? And what except the memory of You could signify to me the end of dreams and futile substitutions for the truth? You are my only goal. Your Son would be as You created him. What way but this could I expect to recognise my Self, and be at one with my Identity?

No comments: