Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lesson 284:

I can elect to change all thoughts that hurt…

This is the great gift of accepting the miracle, yes? Once we see through the disguises of the ego’s emergency death threats and realize that the thing all hurt, grief and pain have in common, is that they are false ideas about an anticipated situation we fear~ which also is false, we begin to instantly see the next step… We can elect to change a thought that hurts to one of forgiveness… Understanding that the Holy Spirit has got it wired for the return to love brings immediate peace…

I’ll tell you what, capitalizing on this gift (changing my mind ~ being willing to see things differently ~ reaching for the thought that feels better or even offers some relief ) has been, truly, a life-saver for me. And I mean that in every sense. I saw pretty quickly that the ‘mind-changing skill was worthy of practicing, honing and mastering…

So many bennies have come as a result. For instance, taking responsibility of changing my thought so I wouldn’t be in pain gave me a sense of accountability and integrity and lessened the desire to blame some one or situation for my circumstances…

And, the more I did it, the more I wanted that experience of feeling in my integrity and 100% responsible. I saw that forgiveness was the obvious avenue for the quickest investment in my happiness. This made me all the more willing to look more deeply into my core belief structure which brought these things about, serving them up as opportunities for happiness-by-way-of-forgiveness lesson accountability… which made me see that the script is written and the problem has been answered by the Atonement. And my changing my thoughts from fear to ones that allow love to express itself, which joins me with everyone and every thing… this is my part… So I can easily have faith in my brothers and that they are doing their part perfectly as well…

I am so very grateful to that I elect to change all thoughts that are not the truth of what I am and you are… and let the Holy Spirit handle the detail…

Father, what You have given cannot hurt, so grief and pain must be impossible. Let me not fail to trust in You today, accepting but the joyous as Your gifts; accepting but the joyous as the truth.

No comments: