Thursday, January 25, 2007

~purpose and lesson 25~

Lesson 25:

“I do not know what anything is for….”

And yet, I notice...

Everything goes my way…

As I have become willing to question every value that I hold~ and to accept the possibility that what I think I see or perceive, just might not be just what I think it is and at least limited in what I think it is for~ and to allow myself to consider that just maybe I don’t perceive my (or anyone else’s) own best interest~ I have noticed that my willingness brings my mind more and more easily to the blank screen where meaning can be written for me, the screen where PURPOSE is the only choice.

PURPOSE IS MEANING… as the lesson says. I experienced this. Whether it has been ego special goals~ once set with a clear purpose in mind ~easy to seemingly achieve…Or the glorious correction to that idea: ~That goals of specialness are nothing. Valuing them only seemingly separates me from my brother and my self (duh, being the ego’s purpose). ~What I want can only be received by Onemind ~ where meaning has purpose and is given purpose.

I understand now, how the course says ‘purpose cannot be understood at these levels’, (nothing offers me nothing) ~and why, everything goes my way…I don’t know what my way is for, and by accepting this, I am constantly recognizing witnesses, all around me, that reflect this fact of perfect unity through our shared purpose. The witnesses may seem to be of ‘things’ in this world. Yet all around me, I see the Christ reflecting our one sure purpose of love and the inevitable removal of the blocks to love's awareness in our mind. Today, this lesson, this instant... Let this be our Holy instant of release together…

“The Holy Instant is not an instant of creation, but of recognition. For recognition comes of vision and suspended judgment. “

I’m thinking about the part in the course in chapter 18 under The Little Willingness section, it says:

“Forget not that it has been your decision to make everything that is natural and easy for you impossible. If you believe the holy instant is difficult for you, it is because you have become the arbiter of what is possible, and remain unwilling to give place to One Who knows. The whole belief in orders of difficulty in miracles is centered on this. Everything God wills is not only possible, but has already happened. And that is why the past has gone. It never happened in reality. Only in your mind, which thought it did, is its undoing needful.”(T-18.8)

And then in the next section “The Happy Dream”

“Prepare you for the undoing of what never was. If you already understood the difference between truth and illusion, the Atonement would have no meaning. The holy instant, the holy relationship, the Holy Spirit's teaching, and all the means by which salvation is accomplished, would have no purpose. For they are all but aspects of the plan to change your dreams of fear to happy dreams, from which you waken easily to knowledge. Put yourself not in charge of this, for you cannot distinguish between advance and retreat. Some of your greatest advances you have judged as failures, and some of your deepest retreats you have evaluated as success.

Never approach the holy instant after you have tried to remove all fear and hatred from your mind. That is function. Never attempt to overlook your guilt before you ask the Holy Spirit's help. That is function. Your part is only to offer Him a little willingness to let Him remove all fear and hatred, and to be forgiven. On your little faith, joined with His understanding, He will build your part in the Atonement and make sure that you fulfill it easily. And with Him, you will build a ladder planted in the solid rock of faith, and rising even to Heaven. Nor will you use it to ascend to Heaven alone.

Through your holy relationship, reborn and blessed in every holy instant you do not arrange, thousands will rise to Heaven with you. Can you plan for this? Or could you prepare yourself for such a function? Yet it is possible, because God wills it. Nor will He change His Mind about it. The means and purpose both belong to Him. You have accepted one; the other will be provided. A purpose such as this, without the means, is inconceivable. He will provide the means to anyone who shares His purpose.

Happy dreams come true, not because they are dreams, but only because they are happy. And so they must be loving. Their message is, "Thy Will be done," and not, "I want it otherwise." The alignment of means and purpose is an undertaking impossible for you to understand. You do not even realize you have accepted the Holy Spirit's purpose as your own, and you would merely bring unholy means to its accomplishment. The little faith it needed to change the purpose is all that is required to receive the means and use them. (T-18.V.1-4)

I join you in the “Happy Dream” today, not knowing what anything is for, but where Atonement's purpose reveals What We Are…

No comments: