Friday, March 16, 2007

~Lesson 75~ contemplationshare~

Lesson 75:

The light has come…
I have forgiven the world…
Practicing forgiveness is my pledge to take my part in the Atonement ~ forget everything I thought I knew and merely wait to have it shown to me…it is my will joined with God’s through the Holy Spirit to “see what I denied ~ because it is the truth”… Truth is seen only in the light, where all seeing takes place (versus the image-making of the past lie where darkness, the home of the sin, guilt and fear, could hide). Right perception has been restored because forgiveness is the gift of discernment showing unequivocally the false as false and only the truth as true… The light has come… The light has shined away the fog of nothingness that obscured the truth… It is not that “true knowledge” as the course is talking about, has been restored (this is God’s domain). It’s just that, for me, the ‘need to know’ has gone.
One thing that I had wired up not to hear (by way of in my interpretation of a ‘good and successful student of the Course), was that ‘doing it right’ meant leaving this world at will ~ sort of the ability to dematerialize and rematerialize at will~ this would be the proof that I ‘really got it’. ( As if there really is a world to materialize/dematerialize in and from, yes?)
Where does the Course say this, you ask? NOWHERE, just like all the other lying delay tactics dummied-up by the part of my mind that wanted the ego to have it’s life ~and eat mine too. What the Course does say is that “Knowledge is not the motivation for learning this course. Peace is…” in other words, the Course’s goal is not the state of Heaven, which is the abode of knowledge, but really, the Courses’ goal is for me to live in this world, forgiving my so-called Danét–self, by way of accepting the Atonement for myself, taking my place in God’s plan for salvation of the world into the ‘real world’. This is the circle of Atonement ~seeing only my Self everywhere ~ forgiving everyone and every thing and seeming situation into the pure light of unified purpose~ Truly the light has come, or more likely it has been here all along. Here, in forgiveness’s belly, I am learning to see only from a mind transformed into a state of pure forgiveness, which is a remarkable translation into an experience to total peace, yet more natural somehow than judgment when I didn’t get my way, used to be… know what I mean… This transformation is the attainment of the ‘real world’… So you see, the light has come…
Anyway back to what I was saying about how I used to interpret the goal of the course, I see now this and all the distractions/addictions/perfections were just fear… You know, when you’re in fear it’s hard to hear or read anything that doesn’t support the state of fear. (What we see is always what we see with)
I love the comfort I experienced when I recognized this passage from the text:” Fear not that you will be abruptly lifted up and hurled into reality. Time is kind, and if you use it of behalf of reality, it will keep gentle pace with you in your transition…” (T-16.VI.8: 1-2).
Giving up needing to know what reality is ~or really anything~ has let the presence of ‘reality’ reside with me. Wild eh? Through my little willingness to ‘just follow directions’, so to speak, obviously only to my imperfect, petty, ability (which, by the way, just happened to be enough), wrong perception has been turned right-side-up and a healed or transformed perspective has taken its place. I really don’t know how it happens. But what it feels like is ‘the light has come…I have forgiven the world… and I am now metaphorically retracing my steps, so to speak, remembering how I did it... There is a passage form the Course, in chapter 20, which feels like a metaphorical description of this journey. Here’s what it says: When you have looked on what seemed terrifying, and seen it change to sights of loveliness and peace; when you have looked on scenes of violence and death, and watched them change to quiet views of gardens under open skies, with clear, life-giving water running happily beside them in dancing brooks that never waste away; who need persuade you to accept the gift of vision? And after vision, who is there who could refuse what must come after? Think but an instant just on this; you can behold the holiness God gave His Son. And never need you think that there is something else for you to see.” (T-20.VIII.11)

The light has come. I have forgiven the world, and in its wake is only peace. And I guess I dream of a journey back or a remembering or return ~I don’t know anything about time but I trust the Holy Spirit in the service of miracles is using it to awaken every vestige of the Sonship. I realize now, that the forgiven world is also an illusion. I have ‘accepted the dream the Holy Spirit gave instead of mine’ …and rest in His gentle dream…”the dream of guilt is fading from sight…and although my eyes are closed, a smile has come to lighten up my sleeping face. The sleep is peaceful now, for these are happy dreams” … (T-27.VII.14:8)
I am living where judgments dissolve into forgiveness... I see what the Course means when it talks about the ‘letting go of judgment being the obvious prerequisite for hearing the voice for God’, as well as the tremendous release and deep peace that come from meeting yourself and your brothers totally without judgment’…
I will with my Father and have therefore aligned myself with the One Goal ~ I want only to know my Father's Will for me, and the goal it set forth for application in my so-called life… “In this world you can become a spotless mirror, in which the holiness of your Creator shines forth from you to all around you. You can reflect Heaven here. Yet no reflections of the images of other gods must dim the mirror that would hold God’s reflection in it”…(T-14.IX. 5: 1-3) This
is enough, once a tall order~ now, not only a possibility but a practice in action…and ya know why, cause the Holy Spirit does it… I am reminded of a couple of passages in chapter 29, and these will be the last quotes I’ll reference and share today, matter of fact, it’s a perfect to way to sign off … please join me in the light that has come and the world we have forgiven…
“Forgiving dreams remind you that you live in safety and have not attacked yourself. So do your childish terrors melt away, and dreams become a sign that you have made a new beginning, not another try to worship idols and to keep attack. Forgiving dreams are kind to everyone who figures in the dream. And so they bring the dreamer full release from dreams of fear. He does not fear his judgment for he has judged no one, nor has sought to be released through judgment from what judgment must impose. And all the while he is remembering what he forgot, when judgment seemed to be the way to save him from its penalty…How lovely is the world whose purpose is forgiveness of God’s Son! How free from fear, how filled with blessing and with happiness! And what a joyous thing it is to dwell a little while in such a happy place! Nor can it be forgot, in such a world, it is a little while till timelessness comes quietly to take the place of time. (T-29.IX.10, VI.6). ~In peaceful, joyous appreciation ~the light has come ~

No comments: