Monday, March 19, 2007

Lesson 78~ contemplationshare~

Lesson 78:

Let miracles replace all grievances…

It’s always, all or nothing, isn’t it? Either I allow miracles to show me what I see… or I see nothing at all. Sure, I can make the other choice; see bodies and persons and situations and all manner of hierarchical arrangements, and judge them worthy or not of my alignment…. But once again~ I’ve been down that road and I know where it leads… This lesson really invites us into the importance of each other in each other’s lives.
As bodies/persons, I can only see what I have placed there in you (regardless of how unconscious of this, I may be). But why am I able to see even this? Because of Who You Are in Truth~ CHRIST: The Holy Son of God. You are the light in which I see ~and this is always what we are really doing for each other, whether we are aware of it or not. Having forgotten the tiny mad idea we bought into, we now operate from its premise, and don’t recognize what’s right in front of our faces, closer, actually. Here’s sort of a little parable, making its way to me… let’s see how it goes…
Now, due to the nature to create, (being fathered by The Creator and all), and the impulse to express miracles, which is how the Holy Spirit shows up here, an attempt at explanation seems imperative for the authentication of my existence. I made up one up, and I thought it was pretty good, too…
All that I have made (I=ego) is like drawings, writing; points to be made and learned within context of ‘my’ curriculum are like drawn on those clear plastic, flimsy, overhead sheets, to be placed on the overhead projector for the presentation of danét’s so-called life. Without light, all of everything I’ve made, regardless of seeming hours of preparation and effort and substantiating facts, mean nil. Pretty flimsy body, eh? Basically, the sheets containing my presentation are pretty much irrelevant with no light to see… So, indeed my reliance on you is significant, to say the least. If I value my presentation sheets above all else, due to my investment in their creation, what will I do to insure the light? Must I beg, borrow and steal from you for my survival? No…You come willingly… It is your nature. So natural in fact, I am not even aware it comes from you… I take for granted that the light is mine to use as I please. (And, it is.) Now here’s where the decision part comes in. Am I happy with what I’ve made? Does it stand alone in producing happiness for me? Doesn’t a presentation need an audience to corroborate its validity? Let’s test it by the criteria of eternity, shall we? Within this presentation, am I happy; with unfailing surety, unending peace and joy that has no attachments and cannot change? Do I experience love always, in, around, and as me? Is there nothing I want or need? Or do I feel restless, unfulfilled, unworthy and unloved. Do I ‘need something’ – anything? Hummm… release perhaps… loose the world from all I thought it was… I need a new set of overlays. Ones that won’t obscure the changeless experience of my true nature and yours, my brother, who brings this awareness and deliverance to me… that is my only need…my happiness is inherent in it.
Turns out there is another set of overlays, carefully drawn out by the Holy Spirit always present within my mind; correcting each misdirected miracle impulse back to its original purpose, simultaneously with my danét presentation details and purpose (which, by the way, I can’t remember what the purpose I set for it was, of course). After attempting to get the Holy Spirit ‘s overlays to blend with the ones ‘I really liked’ of my so-called life, and failing miserably to meet the criteria of perfect peace, and therefore authenticity and actually ‘reality’, I simply junked the thing in the abyss of nothingness. The decision for me, at last, was to totally trade in every single overlay~ not one that I would keep, for the Holy Spirit’s. Here’s what came with that decision…. A joy so rich it permeates and penetrates and blends with everyone and everything in every situation... I see clearly now that every seeming one of these is a decision about who and what I am. The decision for miracles instead of grievances is a no-brainer (literally), and this discernment shows me the clear purpose of each. I notice that, indeed, as the lesson says, my seeing is reversed as I am allowing sight to be continuous~ unimpeded by judgment, preference, need, and agendas…grievances… I look instead out toward truth, away from fear. I see only Christ ~even if sometimes it is only a background glow ~I am never without awareness of the light and its purpose for truth. This Holy Relationship is ours… Because of What we are, I can see the choice to ‘look again’ and see Christ, my savior-brother, in you; which I had formerly hidden from myself. And there you are, already doing your part in God’s plan. Thank you… The gratitude I feel for you is beyond description, yet I trust you know what I mean… as we are all in this as One. Let’s visit the contemplative ~well really; unrestrained communication~ the exercise in today’s lesson invites us into… “Let us ask of Him Who knows this Son of God in his reality and truth, that we may look on him a different way, and see our savior shining in the light of true forgiveness, given unto us. We ask Him in the holy Name of God and of His Son, as holy as Himself:

"Let me behold my savior in this one You have appointed as the one for me to ask to lead me to the holy light in which he stands, that I may join with him".
The feeling of blessed oneness is thoroughly uplifting as we blend into our Father’s Will for perfect happiness for us and His plan for its accomplishment. It’s so obvious that our coming together this instant in His Name, WILL NOT BE MISSED, isn’t it…right here…right now… we are the Love we were searching for all along… Turns out, we can only know it together…these excerpts from the text seem apropos to wrap up with…
“Your sight was given you, along with everything that you can understand. You will perceive no difficulty in understanding what this vision tells you, for everyone sees only what he thinks he is. And what your sight would show you, you will understand it is the truth. Only your vision can convey to you what you can see. It reaches you directly, without a need to be interpreted to you.” (T-22.I.4-5)

“And so you and your brother stand, here in this holy place, before the veil of sin that hangs between you and the face of Christ. Let it be lifted! Raise it together with your brother, for it is but a veil that stands between you. Either you or your brother alone will see it as a solid block, nor realize how thin the drapery that separates you now. Yet it is almost over in your awareness, and peace has reached you even here, before the veil. Think what will happen after. The Love of Christ will light your face, and shine from it into a darkened world that needs the light. And from this holy place He will return with you, not leaving it nor you. You will become His messenger, returning Him unto Himself.” (T-22.IV.3)

“How easy is it to offer this miracle to everyone! No one who has received it for himself could find it difficult. For by receiving it, he learned it was not given him alone… hold out your hand, joined with your brother's, and touch this heavy-seeming block, and you will learn how easily your fingers slip through its nothingness. It is no solid wall. And only an illusion stands between you and your brother, and the holy Self you share together”. (T-22.IV.7)

Miracles replace all grievances…

No comments: