Thursday, April 19, 2007

Lesson 110:

“I am as God created me”…

It’s a strange thing that happens when, for an instant, we make contact with the truth. We can’t capture it. We can’t understand it, really. Our ‘understanding in this world is the mechanism designed to deny it. We can’t even be sure what happened, if anything… but we feel it … An instant is enough… Whatever the reason, for just an instant, we want the truth more that what we made…

It could be anything that breaks us open, although, it seems so often that it is our own failure at happiness “our way”, that leaves us shattered and scattered, rejected and alone, where we all that is left is an open heart, battered though it may be. The ego’s won it’s its war on nothingness for nothing’s sake, to make nothing better, and we are the heartbeat beneath the ashes of nothingness, ready for the rebirth into awareness of the truth about our Self. ~WE ARE AS GOD CREATED US~ nothing messed with nothing and we remain untouched…

I am as God created me… His Son can suffer nothing… And I am His Son.”

Let me talk to the weirdness of my experience. When I first started studying the Course and then doing the lessons, I had this major AH-HA! , SO THAT’S IT feeling in connection with this idea, “I am as God created me”. Indistinguishable as it may have been, it’s presence invaded even my so-called ‘private’ thoughts…

I couldn’t shake the feeling that I had awakened something within myself of such magnitude that not only could I not bare to look upon it directly, least I cease to be, but that I would never be able to escape this companion within. I was literally afraid of my Self.

Oh, of course it didn’t play out like this on screen… No, no, no. I wanted to be special, plain as day. That’s all. I wanted to moreMy secret (even from me) plan included dressing up my ego-self in spiritual garb and visiting its alter daily for guidance, making out this was ‘my mission’ in life. And, I got what I ask for (well always at the cost of peace, paid for with the assignment of ‘guilt duty’) but nonetheless, I got the ego’s guidance on how to get ahead, make a niche for myself, do something ‘special’ ~be somebody ‘special’

~ Pulling ‘guilt duty’; the secret, special assignment of the elite is a painful, lonely post. … I became weary. ‘Specialness’, it turned out, didn’t taste so good as I had imagined it would.

There was never enough (fill in the blank) to replenish the soul emptied out to make room for specialness. After a long while of disenchantment and disillusionment, I no longer cared… I just wanted out of the contract…

And there it was… Just like that, shining in my awareness was this one idea, “I AM AS GOD CREATED ME”, plain as day, right here, right now… “This is the Word of God that sets you free”...

On a very subtle level I was going, “Isn’t this just the biggest DUH! on the planet?” And on another level, I was completely dismayed that I hadn’t seen it. It was too real.

~It seemed impossible that the obvious be so lost to me. I am as God created me. How could I possibly have mutated into something “other than”, something built of the stuff of ‘more than God, more than everything? Is there different-ness within sameness?

All creation is created from the only stuff God has: Himself: all in all extending forever as Love, returning all back onto itself its completion. You can’t separate out the ‘special’ in that.

Aahhhhhhhhhh, the awesome glory of God! He is our truth. His word, our creation…

~ How glorious is the magnificence of this experience which we speak to today, where for just an instant we forgo our special identity for the truth of Who We Are…

“I AM AS GOD CREATED ME” This is the key that opens up the gate of Heaven, and that lets you enter in the peace of God and His eternity”…

As God created us… This is the Holy Instant of recognition and nothing can intrude upon what God created as Himself. Nothing else is or could ever be…

This was/is my experience… Reason visited my mind and I allowed myself to listen…. And nothing else makes any sense at all, now…but love or a call for love, in other words, l o v e . . .

This makes me think about a part in the Course text where it talks about reason, its role and relationship with healing and the spit mind. Here’s a couple passages that seem apropos: “Let us look closer at the whole illusion that what you made has power to enslave its maker. This is the same belief that caused the separation. It is the meaningless idea that thoughts can leave the thinker’s mind, be different from it and in opposition to it. If this were true, thoughts would not be the mind’s extensions, but its enemies. And here we see again another form of the same fundamental illusion we have seen many times before. Only if it were possible the Son of God could leave his Father’s Mind, make himself different and oppose His Will, would it be possible that the self he made, and all it made, should be his master.

Behold the great projection, but look on it with the decision that it must be healed, and not with fear. Nothing you made has any power over you unless you still would be apart from your Creator, and with a will opposed to His. For only if you would believe His Son could be His enemy does it seem possible that what you made is yours. You would condemn His joy to misery, and make Him different. And all the misery you made has been your own. Are you not glad to learn it is not true? Is it not welcome news to hear not one of the illusions that you made replaced the truth?

The introduction of reason into the ego’s thought system is the beginning of its undoing, for reason and the ego are contradictory. Nor is it possible for them to coexist in your awareness. For reason’s goal is to make plain, and therefore obvious. You can reason. This is not a play on words, for here is the beginning of a vision that has meaning. Vision is sense, quite literally. If it is not the body’s sight, it be understood. For it is plain, and what is obvious is not ambiguous. It can be understood. And here do reason and the ego separate, to go their separate ways”. (T-22.II.9-10, T-22.III.1)

I am joined with you in the obvious truth: WE ARE AS GOD CREATED US! This is the Word of God we’ve all been looking for, the guide to follow, the promise of eternal life… together forever as One.

No comments: