Saturday, April 21, 2007

Lesson 112:

Light and joy and peace abide in me…

I am as God created me….

This is a solid statement of cause and effect. God created eternally changeless love from the eternally changeless nature of God … All that is, is all that is. God is Cause. His Son is effect.

Because of my experience with the capacity of the mind to deceive itself once a belief in some idle wish has been accepted, I can’t say enough about how critical it was for me to finally allow into my awareness, how ones ‘authorship premise’ is the father of perceived reality. Do I believe “I am as God created me” or is my belief rooted in the premise that I authored myself? The later is always disguised as ‘self-improvement’ using guilt, regret, planning and worry to manipulate seeming circumstances in my so-called life

It is our belief in this authorship premise that seems to give us our experience of reality. Where our belief lies becomes the fleshing out of what seems to be reality. Everything we perceive is within the realm of effect. Now try this on for size: “The entire perceived world is the effect of an authority issue”. It is the effect of the belief that reality is ours to select from. In other words, “I am the author of my reality and myself, and God for that matter”...

This wish to somehow make different or more than what God created is the basis of the ego thought system. This is the premise from which all perception arose. This premise, which fathered this entire world including my so-call life, is what the Course aptly calls the ‘authority problem’. And because we believe it is true, we don’t question the premise, but rather attempt to correct the symptoms. Every symptom the ego makes involves a contradiction in terms, because the mind is split between the ego and the Holy Spirit, so that whatever the ego makes is incomplete and contradictory. This untenable position is the result of the authority problem which, because it accepts the one inconceivable thought as its premise, can produce only ideas that are inconceivable”. (T-VI.7)

I am forever humbled by to unforgettable moment when I died to my-self, and remembered my Self. ‘Trying’ is a bizarre tool of the ego, keeping one always a step away from recognition… Yet somehow, that tiny willingness to ‘not know’, and be shown, one instant of willingness to cease to exist as ‘me’ and there it was… finally after trying/avoiding the recognition of Self as well as the dynamic that was blocking my awareness of it.

I’d been dancing around the subject , using ‘intellectual understanding’ (boobie-prize) for years, even while reading and studying the Course’s message. It was there in black and white. I just couldn’t see it. I just wasn’t ready to accept awareness of this critical premise in which I so believed, yet was oblivious to… Why? I had an authority issue. Plain and simple.

I didn’t want to give up being right, being the boss of myself, etc… Its funny how one can be drowning in the pool self-made destruction and still not want to be bossed around. It boggles the mind…

The Course says that, “The ability to see a logical outcome depends on the willingness to see it, but its truth has nothing to do with your willingness. Truth is God’s Will. Share His Will and you share what He knows… As long as you are in doubt about what you are, you will be confused about joy and pain. This confusion is the cause of the whole idea of sacrifice. (T-7X.2-3)

Now, one holy instant of complete surrender of the self-concept, of wholly desiring the truth brings into light the premise of truth, already within the premise of Reality/God/Christ… This is the critical juncture where we see the self-concept for what it is ~an image and the ‘Self’ shining within, undefined and pure…“ I am the home of light and joy and peace. I welcome them into the home I share with God, because I am a part of Him”... I am as God created me… I will remain forever as I was, created by the Changeless like Himself. And I am one with Him, and He with me”. We are God’s Will. Sharing His Will is not really open to choice, although it seems to be when we believe the in the reality of separation. As a matter of fact, the Course tells us, “The whole separation lies in this error. The only way out of the error is to decide that you do not have to decide anything. Everything has been given you by God’s decision. That is His Will, and you cannot undo it…” (T-7.X.6)

Every seeming problem, judgment or fear dissolves into this big cosmic belly laugh, once this is seen for what it is and we place our faith here, in the premise of reality. Now we can lean back and trust… Who we are remains untouched by all antics of the authority issue dancing with itself.

What a relief it is to dis-identify with this silly quest to make-up my self and you.

I am no longer interested in being exiled together as a way of bonding. The miracle has switched on the eternal light and shines on the world of perception with the reflection of our unity in light and joy and peace… Love … just as God created…

No comments: