Monday, July 30, 2007

Lesson 212:

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

I have a function God would have me fill.

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

My function is to show my brother sin can have no cause.

My function is forgiveness; to see everything and everyone without the mark of guilt upon them, nor myself. My happiness and my forgiveness are one in the same. My function is to clear the blockage, by giving all over to the Holy Spirit, and to allow the light within which is the Self we share to shine its healing balm upon the world, through forgiveness.

The Course tells us that forgiveness is not real unless it brings a healing to my brother and myself. It is my function to attest his sins have no effect on me to demonstrate that are not real, which shows him he is guiltless. My forgiveness shows us both that we are innocent and that our so-called sins have no effects to warrant guilt, but are rather merely mistaken identity…

I like to remember what it says in chapter 27 of the text: “The ‘cost’ of your serenity is his (my brothers).” This keeps humility in its proper place for me. I can have, but what I insist my brother has.

I want perfect peace. And I can have it only by fulfilling my function of for-give-ness, and seeing peace and sinlessness and innocence for and in everyone and situation and circumstance.

I have a function God would have me fill…

When I remember that the body and the world are but an empty page with which either I see the fetid past written upon it, or see it NOW with the Holy Spirit, (through forgiveness), eagerly awaiting creation’s expression of which I am apart, I can feel the truth within:

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

No comments: