Thursday, August 2, 2007

Lesson 215:

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

Love is the way I walk in gratitude.

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

Haven’t you noticed that the slightest attention to gratitude opens the floodgates that heretofore (through judgment or some kind of pushing against) were holding love’s awareness at bay? Just the mere notice that you are learning an important lesson that you would not be learning without this exact situation, which you were, just a second ago, pushing against and gratitude seeps into the cracks of your defense… And that feels so much better than resisting, that the next thing you know, powerful, all encompassing love comes flooding through and your entire perception of the situation begins to change.

This is the miracle…

The Course tells us that appreciation is the only proper response to a brother. Well, when you think of it this way, not only does it make sense, you can feel the pull into love’s open arms, which, by the way, we must share, to keep in it in our awareness.

Pretty cool how God has this thing set up. Being completion itself, God’s creations must be one. In the dream of separation, where the Atonement was needed, God placed the key to awakening within relationship.

TRUTH: The meaning of the Son of God lies solely in his relationship with his Creator. If it we elsewhere it would rest on contingency, but there is nothing else. And this is wholly loving and forever.

So, here, in this so-called world/life, we invented what the Course refers to as the Special (or unholy) relationship. The first is being all inclusive, could not be found in bodies, which were made to separate-out. It further points out that any relationship in which the body enters is based not on love, but on idolatry. Love wishes to be known, completely understood and shared. That is its make up, its God DNA so to speak. It can’t be any other way. It has no secrets; nothing that it would keep apart and hide. It walk in sunlight, open-eyed and calm, in smiling welcome and in sincerity so simple and so obvious it cannot be misunderstood. (T-20.v1. 1-3, 2.4-7)

Gratitude is the easy release-button out of the dream of being unfairly treated, all manner of trumped up expectations and faulty planning… It is the built in ready-access button to leave our perception’s world and all we thought it was, and enter the Holy Spirit’s healing realm; where Love’s never-ending relationship with us reminds us what we are and what our brother is as well.

In this dream of otherness, our awakening to oneness lies within our brothers; and we cannot get there without him…. I, for one, cannot express the deep gratitude I have for each of you… Yet, I gladly honor you each day with love so complete as to bridge our path back home to our completion in God... Love is the way I walk in gratitude…

The Holy Spirit is my only Guide. He walks with me in love. And I give thanks to Him fro showing me the way to go.

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

No comments: