Saturday, September 1, 2007

Lesson 245:

Your peace is with me, Father. I am safe…

I started to notice a sort of detachment from my so-called daily life, once I really got rockin’ and rollin’ with forgiveness as the one operative for addressing it. Things on the surface still looked relatively the same; night and day, you and me, acting, feeling, participating… yet, I was becoming more and more removed from it; watching, resting just behind it. Also, it become easier to hear the Voice for God, as resistance began to diminish, easier to feel the ever-present love I felt. Simultaneously, I began to notice I was noticing, which grounded me still further into a sense that my Self was residing beyond the drama we call life, and that that was exactly where I have always been. Furthermore, this being space where I reside is absolute, immutable peace, already known to me so intimately, as my own being and Gods.

Okay now, I was having exquisitely peaceful experiences in meditation as well and one might argue that this sense of detached peacefulness was a carry over from peak meditative experiences. Here’s the thing, I began to recognize that this sense of immutable peace, it seems, is even closer than that. It is Spirit, and being what I am, is impossible to avoid… it is the peace of God…

The invitation of today’s lesson is to place our attention firmly on this peace as we move about the seeming nuances of the day. Talk about safety! We purposefully bring the peace of God into every encounter. And when we remember that no encounter is by accident, no matter how seemingly brief, we can feel the unfolding of the holy encounter we have been given.

Your peace surrounds me, Father. Where I go, Your peace goes there with me. It sheds its light on everyone I meet. I bring it to the desolate and lonely and afraid. I give Your peace to those who suffer pain, or grieve for loss, or think they are bereft of hope and happiness. Send them to me, my Father. Let me bring Your peace with me. For I would save Your Son, as is Your Will, that I may come to recognize my Self.

No comments: