Saturday, October 27, 2007

9. What is the Second Coming?

“Christ’s Second Coming, which is sure as God, is merely the correction of mistakes, and the return of sanity. It is a part of the condition that restores the never lost, and re-establishes what is forever and forever true. It is the invitation to God’s Word to take illusions place; the willingness to let forgiveness rest upon all things without exception and without reserve…”

This is the coming together of all the lessons we have decided to learn through the Holy Spirit and this Course…

I love this section from the text, which would be complimentary reading (T-12.VI.5-6)

The second coming is the final choice to see our brother only as our self…because we realize we want nothing else…

Ya know, I can hardly even remember when I didn’t have this goal: to see Christ in all my brothers, that I might know my Self… to look past the appearance of form to join with the love that I feel calling me out and inward…

Now, I’m not saying I have not made this difficult for myself. In fact there have been times when I have totally drunkened myself on the self-pity of failure to meet the goal on its own terms… But, that was only an illusion as well, tragic in time (which, at that point I confused as myself), but nothing in eternity. I see that now. In the eternal present moment, I recognize the ego but delaying the inevitable; and the delay ends up to be but a silly dream, long gone…

I look at the second coming as the time when all the residual heavy sleepiness affects of the drug; ‘belief in the ego identity’, has totally worn off for each and every one of us, and we have chosen the awakening to love’s presence in all others, events and circumstances through forgiveness. We are then totally ready and willing to let God take the final step in our return to Him, so we happily live out the healed vision of God’s Son in the real world where love alone reigns within our mind…

And how is it for every one of us, here? However it is that I see my brother is the only way it is… for there is only one of us in Christ… Here, is a relative term which only exists in time. I see from within Heaven or hell by where I place my brother…

It seems apropos to reference (T-II.) in the text which so beautifully speaks to walking with Christ… Joyously I join you in the only useful journey… re-membering…

Lesson 301:

And God Himself shall wipe away all tears…

Today’s prayer really says everything. Please join me:

“Father, unless I judge I cannot weep. Nor can I suffer pain, or feel I am abandoned or unneeded in the world. This is my home because I judge it not, and therefore is it only what You will. Let me today behold it uncondemned, through happy eyes forgiveness has released from all distortion. Let me see Your world instead of mine. And all the tears I shed will be forgotten, for their source is gone. Father, I will not judge Your world today…

Simple as that.

I’m done being interested in judging and assessing and rating… well, in thinking I know anything about anything without Voice for God giving meaning to it for me… Actually, nothing in the world I saw through the eyes of judgment hold any interest for me anymore… If I can’t share it equally with all my brothers, I don’t want it… it can’t possible be real.

Yet love; love is always available and can readily be accessed and given and received as one perfect moment in time, one holy instant shared by all… easily felt by valuing nothing else, yes? ‘I love you’ is the lamp that lights the way eternally now…

No comments: