Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lesson 288:

Let me forget my brother’s past today…

How joyous it is to be present! Each holy moment is all moments, each encounter holy… We have our being in this moment, right here, right now… This is why it is imperative to accept the Atonement for ourSelf; offer our little willingness to the miracle and let forgiveness heal our sight… And oh my gosh, for me, the beauty of our brother which reveals itself as I have shed the false identity I placed him under… when the only goal is to see the face of Christ… and, as I increasingly loosened my attachment to guilt and its bed-partner shame, which kept the personhood identity alive in my mind and therefore in us both, as I look in the mirror of your eyes; I see but my own true face… And the past is nowhere to be found…

The groovy thing about forgiveness is that it truly acts as ‘past-memory-eraser… As wounds heal and dissolve into the healed perspective, the specifics of a given circumstance become vague and certainly usurped by the unifying balm of oneness. Hurt feelings have no meaning and what seemed to separate is, instead seen as a necessary re-membering of each aspect of the Sonship’s holy glory in truth…

Sanity and Joy and unity and all-ness replace ancient stories of nothingness, disguised as separate persons and things in a chaotic world that makes no sense… And peace pervades as the background music… always!

Let us forget our brother’s past today. Let’s be honest, is not worth keeping, once the goal of truth is set… Let’s instead, join in offering today’s prayer:

This is the thought that leads the way to You, and brings me to my goal. I cannot come to You without my brother. And to know my Source, I first must recognize what You created one with me. My brother’s is the hand that leads me on the way to You. His sins are in the past along with mine, and I am saved because the past is gone. Let me not cherish it within my heart, or I will lose the way to walk to You. My brother is my savior. Let me not attack the savior You have given me. But let me honor him who bears Your Name, and so remember that It is my own.

No comments: