Friday, November 23, 2007

Lesson 328:

I choose the second place to gain the first…

Don’t you love how everything that never made sense; all the contradictory ideas and fickle beliefs that haunted you prior to finding ACIM, are now being sorted out, and only those that reflect the truth are rising evermore to the forefront of your mind? I do. At least this is what seems to be the case for me.

Once I became willing to be wrong about everything; once I just let go into the experience of complete and total surrender, every concept I ever thought I was sure about flipped on its face and took my self-concept with it. In empting out completely, I noticed an indelible fullness deep within…This has continued to fill and spread without my being into the understanding that the world I see is, absolutely, a projection of the thoughts and ideas I believe at any given moment. Which I now distinguish to be what is currently up for healing and release. I have come to see it as my current forgiveness lesson/opportunity.

As I have become increasingly willing to suspend my little and arrogant interpretation, and allowed myself to instead, see with the Holy Spirit within, a great certainty has replaced great doubt. And if you have ever suffered from perpetual self-doubt as I have, you know what Heaven this relief experience is… In other words:

I choose the second place to gain the first…

By giving up our self-concept; surrendering our bogus competition with God, we come home to the joyous experience of the Self, as God created.

See, the thing about the truth, the present, and all that is ‘real’, is that there is an aliveness about it that is indistinguishable. And once you experience it, and keep experiencing it through forgiveness, you really see how the world is but a film of yesterday’s belief-system… I, for one, am bored with the rerun…

I choose the second place to gain the first…

Please join me in the lesson’s prayer:

There is no will but Yours. And I am glad that nothing I imagine contradicts what You would have me be. It is Your Will that I be wholly safe and eternally at peace. and happily I share that Will with You, my Father, gave as part of me…

No comments: