Monday, July 23, 2007

Lesson 205:

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

I want the peace of God…

I am not a body. I am free.

For I am still as God created me…

Is there anything that wouldn’t be resolved, given the peace of God? The thought; the peace of God, alone, has releasing and restorative properties. Replace any thought with this one thought: the peace of God, and instantly feel a sense of proportion, hopefulness, and calm… Even the symbols of the words: the peace of God, seem to carry tranquil properties.

The peace God… The peace of God... The peace of God…

Consistant leaning in the direction of the peace of God, by merely placing our attention on it instead of something else, brings a feeling of serene comfort, unparalleled by anything one can find in this world. As a matter of fact, behind all the ‘using’ and ‘bettering ourselves’ and winning games, aren’t we ultimately just looking for the experience of peace; total, unmitigated peace?

As the seat of our being begins consistently to reside in the experience beyond the seeming ‘physical experience’ playing out at any particular time, where we have our attention directed toward the unknown, or the Holy Spirit’s domain; the more at home we become with the essence of a situation, being more ‘real’ than its physical characteristics. We being to sense that it is ‘the peace of God’ which is carrying us through from one forgiveness lesson to the next…

It is this calm assurance that lets us release the death grip we have on the belief in scarcity and survival, and begin to lean back and trust…

The peace of God statement given in this lesson has at times, gratefully, positively, served as a sort of mantra to navigate some pretty stormy waters in my life. Please join me in reviewing it now:

“The peace of God is everything I want. The peace of God is my one goal; the am of all my living here, the end I seek, my purpose and my function and my life, while I abide where I am not at home.”

It is our inheritance to reside in the peace of God, and when that too, becomes consciously, our only goal, which is the same as truth; we feel its influence evermore consistently throughout all the workings of our lives…

And gratitude follows naturally, as the path is laid before us, one now at a time…

No comments: