Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lesson 274:

Today belongs to Love. Let me not fear…

Love is extension and creation… I find myself referencing the section in the text called The Origins of Separation, which serves up the miracle of the light of understanding to those willing to see… “God extended Himself to His creations and imbued them with the same loving Will to create... Created perfect, there is no emptiness in us… because of our likeness to our Creator we are creative. No child of God can lose this creative ability because it is inherent in what we are, but we can use it inappropriately by projecting… It reminds us that this world we think we live in is basically a case of the inappropriate extension, just an alteration in focus based on a false belief in what we are…a projection which occurs when one believes that some emptiness of lack exists, and that one can fill it with one’s own ideas instead of truth… This process involves the following steps:

First, we believe that what God created can be changed by our own mind.

Second, we believe that what is perfect can be rendered imperfect or lacking.

Third, we believe that we can distort the creations of God, including our self.

Forth, we believe that we can create our self, and that the direction of our own creation is up to us…

It tells that these related distortions represent a picture of what actually occurred in the mind that got us dreamed-up in the world of separation and fear in which we seem to find ourselves… It further tells us that all fear is ultimately reducible to the basic misperception that we have the ability to usurp the power of God. Of course, we neither can nor have been able to do this. Here is the real basis for our escape from fear. The escape is brought about by our acceptance of the Atonement, which enables us to realize that our errors never really occurred… whatever lies we believe are of no concern to the miracle, which can heal any of them with equal ease…there is no order of difficulty in miracles… In reality we are we are perfectly unaffected by all expressions of lack of love… “

Love: we spend our lives attempting to express and receive it…often in very convoluted ways. But the desire for knowing and extending the love that we are is the same pure extension of Source Love which is our creation… and why we are the children and parents of love.

For me, the journey has been so much about God, earning God’s Love… betraying it with my rules and guilt and entreating for forgiveness and praying for some intervention outside myself to infuse me with enough ‘self-love’ to do a better job… I begged for a day that I would not make mistakes of assassinating myself and others in the service of incompletion; sacrifice, competition and scarcity all in the compulsive effort to get love… Sounds insane, stated as it is without the disguise, doesn’t it. And insane it is…

But here’s what I came to realize through allowing the miracle, waiting for me just behind the insanity, the gift of accepting the Atonement for myself; it was but the premise from which I saw myself and therefore believed I was, that was insane.

Atonement turns the dial, so to speak, and cha-ching! I am no longer within the dream I thought so real, but rather the dreamer of the dream… And I am, as always, already, all love itself… and all perception finds itself in me… my brothers /myself…

Love is the Self, complete. Up till I real-ized every single ‘other’ as but the One which is myself, I didn’t understand love, for I didn’t really know myself as love. Inclusion is the watchword. Exclusion has no meaning in Love’s awareness… I actually thought it was something you could get or earn or even give… (Well ‘give’ isn’t that far off, except that to re-cognize the Self is to realize love only extends, and this is creation…)

All arises from LoveSelf… even illusion; for the ego and its world is just a thought, a set of ideas exploring the possibility of the impossible~ to separate from Source, and make oneself the source of It… And these ideas are but in the mind, which arises from the Self; from Love itself... The Atonement is GodLove’s guarantee... Atonement is the total commitment we make to let Love be itself and to let creation be exactly as it is…

I know it’s cliché, but: “With Love, all things are possible… There is nothing to fear…

No comments: