Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lesson 273:

The stillness of the peace of God is mine…

For the longest time, I just wanted to get to that place… the place my mind imagined ‘the stillness of the peace of God’ to be. And try as I might, it seemed to continue to elude me… Then periodically, when out of helplessness to affect anything for myself, I’d throw my hands up, so to speak, quit trying, and for an instant that stillness; that peace of God would seem to find me… Until, of course, I tried to hold on to it… Then, back to the same old yearning; the same old trying… the same old lack of peace…

Here’s what finally awakened in me… You can’t get what you already have… The stillness of the peace of God is mine… Sit with that…

Always, just beneath the surface, stillness rests undisturbed by the mind-body dance. No matter what seems to be going on; what the order of thought, the judgment of value within the drama of my so-called life, just beyond, just beneath, I rest undisturbed and complete, in the stillness that is God forever one with me.

I had just developed the bad habit of believing that illusions were reality and therefore focusing my attention on myself as a character of the dream. Once questioned from every possible direction; turning every belief-stone, probing and forgiving all that wasn’t love, its solidity crumbles… disillusioning the falseness of the body-mind reality.

It has merely been a matter of developing a new habit; the habit of engaging with God~ being present to my relationship with Source; pulling the focus inward and placing my attention on what was always, already there… The turntable thought is ‘what do I value and how much do I value it?’…

Love is what I value… The stillness of the peace of God… is what I value… and it is mine…

Undisturbed tranquility… as the lesson suggests, it is within, always. Today, let’s dismiss the old habit of focusing on the impermanent; the false feelings that disturb… and focus-up, focus-in, and rest in the stillness of the peace of God… that is our own…

No comments: