Friday, November 9, 2007

Lesson 314:

I seek a future different from the past

Ya know; nothing is so irritating to me that the unconsciously triggered, yet additively engaged, regurgitated replay of past… Of course I don’t agree with any of what the past attempts to teach and/or reinforce. The past is gone. Past always represents a desire of my mind to shirk responsibility and be not the cause of all I see projected here. It is an attempt to be separate from some ‘other’. It results from accepting guilt as real and desperately attempting to regain my innocence by shifting the blame… of course this never works, it never really has… and it is an impossible and futile endeavor for me, now ~ because, I know~ and I know I know the truth. Plus too, there’s the evermore compelling pull of my attention to go inward, into full presence with the now. And the awesome presence of love and peace present here… well, that’s what I’m interested in base my future on…

I love what the Course says in the section called “The Dreamer of the Dream”: You are the dreamer of the world of dreams. No other cause it has, nor ever will. Nothing more fearful than an idle dream has terrified God’s Son, and made him think that he has lost his innocence, denied his Father, and made war upon himself… Accept the dream He gave instead of yours. It is not difficult to change a dream when once the dreamer has been recognized. Rest in the Holy Spirit, and allow His gentle dreams… peaceful now, for these are happy dreams. (T-27.VII.13-16)

What I love is that the decision for truth set unreservedly in my mind, whispers continually about ‘the other way~ the new perception’, and it is really simple as “being still an instant” for the experience of the holy instant to return to mind and this present moment be all there is; where you are my brother, pure and holy as myself and forever the perfect, innocent Son of God… Ah, how I love this feeling of perfect innocence and abundant willingness. From here I trust the miracle to continue to deliver my future as ‘this holy moment, now”! It’s truly an exciting proposition, yes.

Ah, yes, trust does handle every problem, now… My only decision is the one for Atonement for myself. And the way I do this is to allow the truth to be true and see you as myself. The script has been written. And the answer is as certain and as close as this moment… closer really… it has been done and the return to love for the entire Sonship, inevitable … I seek a future different from the past…

Joyously, I simply review what has already gone by and make no attempt to change, manipulate to preference, any of the seeming events of the script playing out. It is futile to attempt to change the characters on the screen… I simply change my mind about it all. And a new perception is given me… Wholehearted gratitude ~

No comments: