Saturday, February 10, 2007

God goes with...

Lesson 41:

“God goes with me wherever I go…”

Indeed, God is the only real thing that does, or rather is. Everything else is the past, the vein imagining of “not–God” gently being re-upped again for review, to be forgiven with the One-mind of God. The lesson is so practical, so simple, and so available… let’s just go there now, together, with God…
“The truth is hidden deep within, under a heavy cloud of insane thoughts, dense and obscuring, yet representing all you see. Attempt to get past this dark and heavy cloud, and to go through it to the light beyond. Make no effort to think of anything. Try, instead, to get a sense of turning inward, past all the idle thoughts of the world. Try to enter very deeply into your own mind, keeping it clear of any thoughts that might divert your attention. Most of all, try to sink down and inward, away from the world and all the foolish thoughts of the world. You are trying to reach past all these things. You are trying to leave appearances and approach reality.”

This is such powerful practice offered in this lesson… I have used it so much when in need of reality…. I can’t begin to express its value for me in my life~ Turning back within the mind to the experience of the truth ~ the experience of God~ ummm, splendid!…. It is the application of which, for me, is beyond measure… and it feels sooo good… Makes one wonder how one could resist doing just this all the time…
But resist I have. And yet, or better, of course, the resistance fades and the little willingness to attempt what is suggested, grows exponentially. And out of it, a new habit was born~ that of remembering God ~replacing the habit of forgetting and denying God. Yeah!

And now, this habit has become more natural than…well, whatever was before... My experience is like what Jesus is talking about in the Manual for Teachers, when he says, ”The body’s eye’s will continue to see differences. But the mind will no longer acknowledge them…(M-8.6: 1-2) ~This is more and more the case for me… Ah, so blessed as a Son of God…

We are joined in purpose, you and I ~ together always, already … ~I am now, this instant, sinking down in the mind ~ zeroing in on the still point of light at the center of my mind~ allowing it to swallow ‘me’ ~recognizing Christ within, and all around~ the holy extension of God/love…forever changing my sight to vision. I See only the light behind the shadowy figures in an ancient dream…and you are with me. GOD GOES WITH ME WHEREVER I GO…

From here, it’s not so hard to trust… to believe that everything works together for good. We can go about our seeming day in the surety that God is with us…as us…~and goes with us wherever we go…

No comments: