Sunday, February 25, 2007

~God is in everything I see because God is in my mind~

Lesson 56:

“God is in everything I see because God is in my mind~

I am immersed now, finally, inevitably… in the certain experience that this (the Mind I share with God) is where reality is~ this is the only thing worth seeing or seeing with. It is the content that ‘Gives Life’ to anything, so it is the only real thing.

It is a level of true humility, grounding me so deeply in the truth of my inheritance and the always-ness of my being, that any other investment is fully a waste. Why give into temptations of personhood; pleasure, pain, goals, and disappointments? Why give way to ‘tomorrow being another day’ and sell- out to distraction?

God in my mind is the only thing real to see. As one becomes increasingly aware of this through experiencing its significance, one begins to understand how time is being used by the Holy Spirit to collapse intervals of time back in on itself into the eternal NOW, behind where time began … One begins to see what the Course means by delay and distraction and why all these tactics (which I often refer to fondly as my so-called life), although certainly meaningless in eternity, which, I see now, as I experience eternity, is untouched by the whole delay dance, yet the only dance time has to offer, is but deadly in time…

One begins to feel oneself the miracle and the living witness to how this goes down in the Correction/Atonement; substantiating through experience, the perfect expression of how the miracle works. Like it says in the very initiation to the Course, the section called The Meaning of Miracles, #13 and15: “Miracles are both beginnings and endings, and so they alter the temporal order. They are always affirmations of rebirth, which seem to go back but really go forward. They undo the past in the present, and thus release the future…. Each day should be devoted to miracles. The purpose of time is to enable you to learn how to use time constructively. It is thus a teaching devise and a means to an end. Time will cease when it is no longer useful in facilitating learning…”

Its obvious to me now that this is a measure of what ‘I think I am and I want my identity to be’…whether I want to be a) the author/victim of my world or b) see it as a classroom for recognizing my Home in God and the return to my senses…

I chose b on all counts! …

All these built-in teaching props for the Holy Spirit within my mind to give me a barometer of my status in relationship to Self/self… (Under His teaching every relationship becomes a lesson in Love. T. 291) This choice makes it so…God is in everything I see… Above all else I want to see differently ~differently than a world of apparent differences…Above all else I want to see the same eternal inheritance, everywhere, in everyone, and in everything. For if not, I am attacking the Whole of Life, which is invulnerable by its very nature in God. How futile is that? ~and, why ‘more than everything’ or ‘something other than’ or ‘separate from’ could never have happened in truth. This is why attack is dangerous in time… [My attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerability]…is meaningless and futile and, once again, just a distraction device to ‘real-ize’ my ego and therefore an attempt to delay the return of sanity and peace… which is, incidently, the inevitable outcome of ‘real-izing’ the truth.

It is a choice which way to look~ but to quote from that great guru THE MATRIX: “You’ve been down that road, Neo [O N E revisited], and you know where it leads…”

Together, we find ourselves at ‘The Branching of the Road’ that the course talks about in chapter 22 of the text. Please enjoy this warm invitation with me to take the ‘blue pill’:

IV. The Branching of the Road

In joyous gratitude I acknowledge my indebtedness to you, my brother, my One Self and our inheritance in God ~all Glory to God, forever and ever ~ amen

No comments: