Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Holiness: seeing as it is now...

Lesson 52:

I am upset because I see what is not there. I see only the past. My mind is preoccupied with past thoughts. I see nothing as it is now. My thoughts do not mean anything….

So here’s how it’s kind of come to lay out for me… When I see through these body’s eyes, simulating an imagined or hypothetical past, how can I see anything as it is now? ~ I can’t! ~ Yet this is what the body’s eyes were made for… to give the impression that I can indeed, see something that is not there… something to replace God. Their purpose then is to refocus the instant replay of a hypothetical past (tiny mad idea] so it appears that it is real … now. It is a deflection device for the avoidance of presence- the present. So, looking with the body’s eyes is, by its very nature, a preoccupation with hypotheticals. The past is at best, gone. Yet consistently, it appears as a collection of hypothetical ideas, which were conjured up by an insane mind, a mind that mistakes itself for the belief in subject/object differences. What if, in fact, there is no past. What if, everything about this so-called life;-past, present and future is just hypothetical fantasy?
Turns out that what passes for seeing in the world is really ‘preoccupation with the fantasy of separation [hypothetical hype] and not really anything at all …So I am really preoccupied with nothing.
O.k. now, when it feels like I am upset by what I seem to see, it is only that I am upset by NOT SEEING AT ALL! ~I have lost touch with Who and What I am … which IS reality, and makes reality what it is. I am really the thought of God extending creation… and my upset (call for love) is telling me I believe I am in darkness… I need but switch on the light of forgiveness to see this differently… In fact ~to see at all! Forgiveness lights NOW and the shadows of imagined enemies fade into present PEACE.

A yummy ‘forgiveness script’ that feels apropos to share here comes to us from Gary Renard’s book “The Disappearance of the Universe” ~it goes like this:

“You’re not really there.
If I think you are guilty or the cause of the problem, and if I made you up, then the imagined guilt and fear must be in me.
Since the separation from god never occurred, I forgive ‘both’ of us for what we haven’t really done.
Now there is only innocence, and I join with the Holy Spirit in peace.”

Let today be a day of Presence…forgiving all hypotheticals, to be replaced by Truth… I am joined with you at the ‘lawns of Heaven’ where ‘nothing can intrude upon the pure mind of the Holy Son of God’…

“Let us be glad we can walk the world, and find so many chances to perceive another situation where God’s gift can once be recognized as ours! And thus will all the vestiges of hell, the secret sins and hidden hates be gone. And all the loveliness which they concealed appear like lawns of Heaven to our sight, to lift us high above the thorny roads we traveled on before the Christ appeared.” (T-31.VIII.9)

We walk together, you and I… We are Christ… and we are the One…

No comments: