Friday, February 23, 2007

I am alone in nothing. Everything I think or say or do teaches all the universe.

Lesson54:

“I have no neutral thoughts. I see no neutral things. I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my seeing. I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my thoughts. I am determined to see…”

I am alone in nothing. Everything I think or say or do teaches all the universe.

Only one question: “Do I want to know my Father’s Will for me?”

Life is thought. And from thinking comes vision ~or image making… ultimately there is One Mind ~ the one I share with God… ~Yet, the metaphor of a ‘split mind, housing two exclusive thought systems, was crucial for me in awakening to myself as the dreamer of the dream… and to then see the ‘unreality of the dream and ‘wake-up to the ‘reality’ of always… already… God…

Within this metaphor of illusory world, it always boils down to the Love or fear polars; that there are two kinds of thinking: forgiveness and separation.
So, in the training of my mind to think only with God, a stepping-stone is for me to ask myself, “Am I thinking with God through the Holy Spirit within my mind or am I thinking through the ego belief within my mind? All personhood thoughts such as judgments are merely the ordering of thought into hierarchies which include seemingly minor preferences such as all body concerns (self and others), relationships types and the myriad of ‘choice’ smorgasbords, fall into the separation category.
Everything must have a source. And it is the source or cause that fathers the characteristics of the thought then extended.
God as Source is eternal, formless, one-ness, changeless, free…

Separation as Source, whose core structure is separating out ‘special-nesses’ from other ‘special-nesses’, with individual names and meanings, naturally therefore, gives birth to forms and fragments and differences and meanings…And incidentally, does so exponentially, since to split or separate by definition, ‘must come apart’.

But, now, consider this~ since the seeming separation fathered by that ‘tiny mad idea’ never really occurred in truth ~can this really be called thinking? Isn’t it really just fantasy about nothing ~ or not really thinking at all?

So if Life is thought, doesn’t it follow that if I’m looking at differences, I am choosing death rather than life? ~Stands to reason why no lasting happiness could ever be found in “being a ‘special person’ in a ‘special relationship’, being part of a special group, in a special place, having a ‘special experience’… never totally satisfying…so ~ try again… [always looking for love in all the wrong places… “Seek but never find”~ it’s the ego’s game…]
I am determined to see…
I keep thinking about the section in the Course called “That Dynamics of the Ego”:
Let today be one of Clarity, sharing in looking upon a forgiven world because we chose once again and let our thoughts be of One Mind…

No comments: