Monday, February 19, 2007

I AM SUSTAINED BY THE LOVE OF GOD…God is my life…I live and move in Him…

Lesson 50:

“I am sustained by the Love of God…”

I AM…and as I have approached the Holy Altar of the Son of God place within by God~ this is it~ “GOD IS…I am the Holy Son of God Himself…I am as He created me~ Love which created me is what I am… and I am sustained by the Love of God…
Re-cognition dawns as realization … This is the way it is. And all my efforts are directed toward this real-ization… The place is set in heaven… The time is now… All my unworthiness, worry and regret dissolve into the sustenance which is my life…
I love this affirmative mantra from chapter 18 of the text that has been so useful to me through bouts of unworthiness:
“ I who am host to God am worthy of Him.
He Who established His dwelling place in me created it as He would have it be.
It is not needful that I make it ready for Him, but only that I do not interfere with His plan to restore to me my own awareness of my readiness, which is eternal.
I need add nothing to His plan.
But to receive it, I must be willing not to substitute my own in place of it.”
And that is all. Add more, and you will merely take away the little that is asked. Remember you made guilt, and that your plan for the escape from guilt has been to bring Atonement to it, and make salvation fearful. And it is only fear that you will add, if you prepare yourself for love. The preparation for the holy instant belongs to Him Who gives it. Release yourself to Him Whose function is release. Do not assume His function for Him. Give Him but what He asks, that you may learn how little is your part, and how great is His.” (T-18.IV.5-6)

I am sustained by the Love of God…
This was the Hope that I experienced when was initiated by and through A Course in Miracles, all those many years ago.
It was a idea so pervasive, so compelling, so truly real ~it was worth the risk to attempt to believe it above all else, and perhaps even at the risk of losing all control of my so-called life as I had it wired up for myself at the time (some sacrifice, eh? ~like I had things running so well).
Ah, well… it was a worthy investment of faith… And this faith became experience…And faith in this Experience…
And with this faith and the increasing awareness of this experience of simple fact of real-ization; God’s Love being my sustenance was sustaining my life and was obviously becoming ‘more real, more substantial~ than all the seeming forms and situations; people, places and the like, that I thought I was experiencing… I developed trust…deep, rich, abiding trust…I trust…
It is my trust in this one idea and its increasing efficacy, which inspires me to trust this entire undoing forgiveness brings. I trust the experience of unending love and joy and peace that now backgrounds my life. This sustenance of God’s Love is the soundtrack behind, beyond, within and through, what I call life…now…always…forever. Its perfect orchestration, does indeed, as the lesson says, ”transports into a state of mind that nothing can threaten, nothing can disturb, and where noting can intrude upon the eternal calm of the Son of God”…
Otherwise, why would I do it? Why would I question every belief I ever held ~every value set~ asking that it meet the “test of perfect peace” and be released? Why surrender ‘my’ judgments, my rights to be RIGHT and/or wronged, and give myself over to the Holy Spirit? Why would my commitment ~for every breathing moment~ be devoted to “accepting the Atonement for myself”?
…BECAUSE IT WORKS! ~
I AM SUSTAINED BY THE LOVE OF GOD…God is my life…I live and move in Him… This gorgeous lesson is singing to me and beckoning to join the chorus of today’s lesson, so, here goes…
”He is my Source of life, the life within, the air I breathe, the food by which I am sustained, the water which renews and cleanses me, He is my home, where I live and move; the Spirit Which directs my actions, offers me Its Thoughts, and guarantees my safety from all pain. He covers me with kindness and with care, and holds in love the Son He shines upon, who also shines on him. How still is he who knows the truth…” (W-L.222)
We walk gently on together sustained by the love of God~ Thank you!

No comments: